Diet food is prescribed by the attending physician when the first signs of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland are detected in men. Proper nutrition, although it is an auxiliary method of dealing with this ailment, however, gives a very tangible effect, especially in combination with an active lifestyle or exercise of physiotherapy exercises.
A balanced diet can significantly improve the functioning of the immune system, prevent the formation of constipation, which negatively affects the functionality of the prostate gland and reduces the frequency of urination at night. In addition, the diet for diagnosing prostatitis in men provides natural blood flow to all internal organs. This increases the supply of all essential nutrients and also prevents further irritation of the prostate during an exacerbation of the disease.
In the event that a patient is diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, a properly selected dietary food reduces the number of relapses of the disease.
A balanced diet for prostatitis and prostate adenoma will not cause discomfort and does not need severe restrictions. The list of allowed dishes and products is large enough so the menu is varied. Constant use of prohibited foods can lead to a long treatment process or even the development of a chronic stage of prostate disease. Therefore, after consulting with your doctor or dietician, you should completely abandon prohibited foods and limit as much as possible those that are not recommended.
The list of prohibited foods for chronic prostatitis or its more benign form cannot be called broad enough. Also, keep in mind that many foods cannot be consumed in large quantities. If the patient feels a wild desire to eat something from the forbidden, he must take into account his state of health. So, in the acute course of the disease, a small portion of your favorite dish can cause discomfort.
In addition to alcoholic beverages, which can irritate the urinary tract and cause severe pain, the diet for chronic prostatitis does not allow the use of the following foods:
- All legumes;
- Various drinks;
- All conservation;
- All kinds of semi-finished products and offal;
- Vegetables such as radish, sorrel, garlic and pepper;
- Fruit with a high acidity content;
- Muffin, white bread;
- Fatty meats;
- Fatty and fried foods;
- Various smoked products.
In the presence of pathologies it is necessary to limit the consumption of coffee or make it less strong, and also to minimize the intake of salty and spicy dishes. Anything that is forbidden should be replaced with much healthier foods.
A balanced diet in the diagnosis of prostatitis or prostate adenoma can only be tasty or varied, despite the presence of a certain list of prohibited foods and foods. With this pathology, it is very important that the male body receives a sufficient amount of vitamin B6, which, in turn, contributes to the early absorption of useful microelements.
A high concentration of this vitamin is found in carrots, bran and sprouted wheat. Additionally, for faster and more effective treatment, patients suffering from prostatitis should include the following foods in their diet:
- Foods rich in fiber, which help improve bowel function and prevent constipation. As a result, blood circulation in the pelvis is improved, which has a positive effect on reducing inflammatory reactions. Such products include vegetables, fruits and grains;
- Foods rich in zinc. It is this useful element that has a significant effect on the full functioning of the gland, normalizes the erection, if there are such problems and reduces the risk of male infertility. To fully assimilate zinc, the body needs a sufficient amount of vitamin E, which leafy vegetables are rich in. You can saturate the body with zinc by consuming nuts and seafood;
- Vegetables, berries, fruits such as pumpkins, watermelons, melons, respectively, are very valuable for the return of male strength;
- Light vegetable soups, which are well absorbed by the patient's body and prevent the development of obesity;
- Fermented milk products that help purify the intestine;
- Various fruit drinks and compotes. Drinking is especially important during an exacerbation of prostatitis. During this time, berry drinks will be very useful.
As you can see from the list of essential foods, they are all very common and do not require special processing during preparation.
Knowing the list of allowed and prohibited products, it is very important to compose the menu correctly. During an exacerbation of prostatitis, it is better to grind the finished dish as much as possible and take it exclusively hot.
Breakfast can consist of the following elements:
- Porridge (oats, corn, pearl barley) and non-acidic fruit;
- Omelette topped with fresh herbs, a piece of cheese and berry compote;
- Casserole with ricotta and fresh fruit.
Green or herbal tea, as well as natural mineral water or freshly squeezed juice are perfect as a complement to breakfast.
Lunch can include:
- Lean fish soup (it would be better to cook it in the second broth), as well as an aubergine and tomato salad;
- Borscht, cooked without meat, salad of fresh carrots and cucumbers, steamed fish;
- Loose rice porridge with seafood and boiled asparagus;
- Broccoli puree soup, stewed duck and tomato, cucumber, low-fat cheese and olive oil salad;
- Cutlets, steamed beef, durum wheat spaghetti.
You can complete a hearty lunch with dried fruit compotes, rosehip infusions, green tea and freshly squeezed juice.
Dinner can include:
- Boiled seafood and sauteed vegetables;
- Meat stew with carrots and beets;
- Rabbit meat in sour cream, baked in the oven with vegetables;
- Beef stew with vegetables;
- Baked lean fish.
If you are hungry during the day, you can snack on cheesecake, muesli bars, smoothies, cottage cheese or low-fat cheese, natural yogurt, apples and bananas, bitter dark chocolate. Before brushing your teeth before bedtime, nutritionists recommend drinking a glass of kefir or low-fat yogurt, and you can eat a small portion of yogurt if you wish.
When following a diet, it is very important not to break free and suddenly start eating almost everything, because such an action can cause a relapse of the disease or lead to stomach problems.
In order for urine to leave the body in a timely manner during an exacerbation of prostate pathology, it is necessary to observe a drinking regimen and drink at least 2 liters of water per day (in the absence of diseases in which the amount of fluid consumed shouldbe limited). Cranberry and Cranberry Fruit Drinks promote the rapid removal of all bacteria through the urethra.
To prevent diseases that pose a threat to men's health, it is imperative to have breakfast and a snack of some fruit every 2-3 hours. Lunch must contain low-fat soup and you shouldn't eat fried foods for dinner.
Proper nutrition is a necessary part of the course of treatment for prostatitis. By adding regular physical activity or physiotherapy exercises to proper nutrition, recovery progress will occur much faster.