The treatment of prostatitis of any form and type involves an integrated approach. And diet therapy is far from the last place. In this article, you will find out which foods have a beneficial effect on the healing process and which ones are best to refuse. And also about the basic rules and principles of the diet for prostatitis.
When treating both acute and chronic prostatitis, doctors recommend further adhering to a diet. Therefore, patients need to know how to properly prepare food during therapy, as well as the most popular and delicious recipes that can be cooked.
General principles and objectives of the diet
The main principle of the prostatitis diet is proper and healthy nutrition. Restriction in products is used for medicinal and prophylactic purposes. During the period of adherence to the diet, the composition of the blood improves significantly, the functioning of the digestive organs and the genitourinary system is normalized, which, in turn, leads to a decrease in the load on the prostate and an increase in absorption drugs. The discomfort of the patient in the pelvic area disappears, sexual function improves, and the risk of prostatitis recurrence is minimized.
The main goals of the diet for this disease are:
- normalization of the amount of urine;
- removal of inflammation;
- pain relief and swelling;
- remove excess salt from the body;
- stool normalization;
- increased immunity;
- reduce the amount of fat and carbohydrates consumed;
- acceleration of recovery.
Experts have identified a list of products that should be completely abandoned during the treatment period:
- leavened dough;
- spicy, salted and smoked meats;
- alcoholic beverages;
- fatty meat and fish;
- all kinds of legumes;
- citrus fruits;
- carbonated drinks;
- strong tea and coffee;
- preserve the sauces;
The list of products that make up the diet menu for prostatitis is quite extensive, so each patient can easily choose dishes according to their preferences:
- lean meats (rabbit, lamb, veal);
- lean poultry (chicken, turkey, quail);
- low-fat varieties of fish (preference should be given to sea fish);
- dairy product;
- chicken eggs;
- bread (bran or rye);
- all varieties of pasta;
- vegetables in any form;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- herbal tea.
Goose and duck meat, in addition to semolina, should be consumed in limited quantities.
Sour cream can only be used to flavor various dishes, and butter can only be used as an addition to porridge or pasta, as well as on bread in a thin layer.
In the acute form of the disease
The diet for acute prostatitis involves the use of chopped food at a medium temperature. If the body temperature is high and there is no appetite at all, doctors recommend fasting for several days, subject to abundant fluid intake.
With the above form of the disease, it is recommended to eat food that is easily absorbed by the body and that does not burden the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. The basis of the diet is boiled or steamed vegetable dishes, supplemented with various fruits and fermented milk products. In small quantities, the use of lean meats, poultry and fish is allowed.
In the acute form of prostatitis, caffeine, spices, spicy and very salty foods are strictly prohibited. You should refuse products that contribute to gas formation, as well as preservation and offal.
In chronic form
Nutrition for chronic prostatitis is not that strict. In limited quantities you can use mushrooms, spices and dry wine (no more than 1 glass per day). Spicy and salty foods should be excluded from the menu of the day.
It is advisable to minimize fatty, smoked and salty foods, limit sauces and legumes. Weak coffee and tea can be consumed in small quantities.
Sample menu for a week
- Breakfast: light herbal tea, polenta, salad with carrots and parsnips.
- Lunch: onion soup, porridge with wheat groats, beef meatballs, jelly.
- Dinner: steamed fish with vegetables, fruit salad.
- Evening snack: kefir.
- Breakfast: 1-2 hard-boiled eggs, milk soup, broth or compote.
- Lunch: mashed potatoes with fish, vegetable salad, tea.
- Dinner: buckwheat, cheesecake, broth.
- Evening snack: a glass of milk.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, seaweed salad, light herbal decoction.
- Lunch: stew with vegetables and fish, salad with cucumbers and herbs, various fruits.
- Dinner: baked potatoes, light vegetable soup, herbal tea.
- Snack before bedtime: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, cheese rolls, dried apricot decoction.
- Lunch: pasta with boiled or baked chicken, salad with vegetables, jelly.
- Dinner: corn porridge, herbal tea, carrot cutlets.
- Snack before bed: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
- Breakfast: porridge with pumpkin, a decoction of dried fruit or juice.
- Lunch: Buckwheat with steamed chicken, tea.
- Dinner: rice porridge, boiled potatoes with fish, vegetable salad.
- Snack before bed: homemade yogurt.
- Breakfast: salad with carrots, boiled rice, herbal tea.
- Lunch: soup with meatballs, steamed fish, vegetable stew, juice.
- Dinner: buckwheat, seafood salad, compote.
- Snack before bed: kefir or fermented cooked milk.
- Breakfast: homemade ricotta with the addition of fruit, hard-boiled egg, herbal tea.
- Lunch: baked potatoes with lean meat, compote with dried fruit.
- Dinner: pumpkin puree, boiled chicken fillet, some fruit.
- Snack before bed: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
Experts recommend including vegetables in the first meal, adding various seasonings when cooking. We recommend using an oven, bain-marie or multi-cooker to create the dishes.
Principles of cooking for patients with prostatitis
The diet for prostatitis is not strict, the list of prohibited foods is small, so you can cook various dishes that will suit all tastes, observing only simple cooking principles.
Meat and fish must be baked, boiled, stewed or steamed. It is advisable to give up on fat or to use it as little as possible. After boiling the meat, the rest of the broth can be used for various soups. In the case of boiling poultry meat, the skin must first be removed, as it contains a large amount of fat. Fish can also be occasionally charred but eaten without a crust.
It is recommended to eat meat shashlik in minimal quantities, removing the fried crust. Herring should be soaked in water before serving. When preparing first courses, especially soups, it is necessary to minimize the amount of potatoes, and also avoid combining pasta with meat dishes.
When adding vegetables to soups, experts advise abandoning frying and using them exclusively raw. This approach will significantly reduce the load on the digestive system.
The second courses are varied: cutlets, meatballs, soufflés and flans are allowed. You can cook cereals, casseroles and meatballs from cereals; they are also used in cutlets and meatballs. A vegetable side dish is made from raw vegetables or vegetables that have been steamed and steamed. Frying with a minimum amount of oil is allowed. It is advisable to choose the pasta among the hard varieties and to use it in limited quantities.
Experts recommend using funchose, as it is well absorbed by the body.
Prescriptions for patients with prostatitis
Below are recipes for dishes that nutritionists have specially developed to compile a menu for a diet for prostatitis.
Baked pink salmon in lemon marinade
- pink salmon - 400 g;
- a small lemon;
- a bunch of vegetables;
- olive oil - 3 tbsp. ;
- breadcrumbs - 1 tsp.
Remove all the bones from the fish, it can be cut into portions. Next, make the marinade. To do this, mix the butter, crackers, add the necessary amount of salt, grate the fish and sprinkle with herbs. Arrange the lemon rings on top.
Grease a baking sheet with oil or cover with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Cook for 15 minutes.
The dish can be garnished with lettuce leaves.
Veal with rice
- 150 g of veal fillet;
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 medium carrot;
- celery and parsley root;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. ;
- Bay leaf;
Put a piece of veal in the water and bring to a boil, then drain the water and replace it with a new one, wait for it to boil again. Put the vegetables and bay leaf in a saucepan, cook the meat until tender.
Pour the oil into a preheated pan and add the already washed rice. Fry until the beans are golden brown. Then pour 350 ml of water, reduce the heat as much as possible, close the lid and simmer until tender.
Meat with rice can be garnished with herbs before serving.
- potatoes - 4 pcs. ;
- paprika - 1 tsp;
- ground pepper to taste;
- cumin - 1/4 tsp;
- oregano - 1 tbsp. L. ;
- olive oil - 2 tsp;
- Salt to taste.
Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices of equal size. Put in a bowl and combine with vegetable oil. Mix all the spices well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread out the potatoes and sprinkle evenly with the sauce. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
Serve as an independent dish or together with a vegetable salad.
- low-fat cottage cheese - 500 g;
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs. ;
- flour - 2 tbsp. L. ;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. L.
Grind the ricotta, add the egg yolks, sugar and flour, mix thoroughly until the mixture is smooth. Break down the proteins until a stable foam is obtained and slowly introduce them into the rest of the mass. If desired, you can add various types of fruit, berries or nuts. Transfer the future pudding to a special pan, after having previously greased it with oil. Cook in a bain marie or in a multi-cooker in the "Baking" mode.
Buckwheat with mushrooms
- buckwheat - 0, 5 cups;
- 1 tomato;
- 4 small mushrooms;
- half onion;
- olive oil;
- Salt to taste.
Buckwheat should be cooked until tender and seasoned with salt to taste. Heat a non-stick pan, add the oil and fry the chopped onion. Cut the mushrooms into 4 pieces and add them to the pan, fry until tender, add the diced tomatoes, add herbs and spices to taste. Leave on low heat for 5-7 minutes, then add the buckwheat and mix. Turn off the gas and leave for 10 minutes.
Baked apples with berries
- 2 medium apples;
- 1 cup of black currant berries (you can use any);
- sugar to taste.
Cut apples in half and core, mix berries with sugar. Place a small amount of berries in each half of the apple and arrange them on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, bake for 15 minutes. The cold dessert can be dusted with sugar or icing.
- hake fillet - 300 g;
- medium potatoes - 4 pcs. ;
- butter - 50 g;
- cream 15% - 100 ml;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- 1 onion;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. L. ;
- Salt to taste.
Boil the peeled potatoes until tender, remove them from the water and mash them with the butter and cream. In the water in which the potatoes were boiled, put the pieces of fish and cook until tender. Chop the onion and fry in olive oil until golden brown. Beat the egg whites with a mixer until a firm foam is obtained. Mix the boiled fish, potatoes, onions, egg yolks and salt until smooth using a blender, gradually add the egg whites. Put the mixture in a pan. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Cook the soufflé for 30 minutes.
- carrots - 500 g;
- flour 100 g;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- Salt to taste.
Boil the carrots until tender, peel them and chop them in a blender. Add flour, eggs, salt, mix until smooth. Make small, even cutlets and fry them until tender. Instead of frying, you can steam or use the oven.
- 2 liters of water;
- starch - 3 tbsp. L. ;
- sugar - 1 glass;
- cherries or berries - 500 g;
- vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
Boil the water, add the seasonings and keep on the stove for 4-5 minutes. Add the cherries and sugar. Dissolve the starch in 1 glass of water and gradually add it to the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Keep on the fire for a few minutes, stirring constantly. When it has thickened, remove from heat and cool.
Exit from the diet
After completing the treatment of prostatitis, the diet should be gradually discontinued. Nutrition must be properly balanced and refrain from a sharp transition to prohibited foods. Experts recommend sticking to the diet in the future and gradually introducing new foods, carefully monitoring the body's response. When compiling a diet, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of a large number of fatty or semi-finished foods.
To prevent the recurrence of the disease, it is necessary to abandon the excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages and unhealthy and heavy foods, fast food and give preference to proper nutrition.
Advantages and disadvantages of the diet
With strict adherence to dietary nutrition, a positive effect is observed after 3 days. TObenefitsdiets include:
- a significant reduction in pain;
- prevention of aggravation of the disease;
- lack of hunger;
- weight normalization
TOdisadvantagesshould be attributed to severe diet addiction in those people who prefer fried, spicy and smoked, as well as the presence of contraindications to such a diet in some patients.
- Man, 39 years old: "A year ago doctors diagnosed prostatitis. In addition to drug treatment, dietary food was prescribed. It was difficult to get used to the new diet, because I never limited myself in food. However, after the first few days, I noticed an improvement in the condition, and the pain began to disappear. I try not to eat junk and heavy food when I get off the diet, I feel great, the work of the digestive organs and the state of the body as a whole have improved, not there have been relapses of the disease ".
- Male, 54 years old: "I have never limited myself in food. I noticed that after eating the fatty and spicy ones, an exacerbation of prostatitis begins. I decided to listen to the advice of the experts and to use a diet as a prevention of exacerbations. At first it was unusual, but the menu is quite diverse, which allows not to feel hungry and to find dishes that suit me. After switching to such a diet, my health has noticeably improved, and exacerbations occur less and less. "
- Woman, 42: "My husband was diagnosed with prostatitis, prescribed drug therapy and diet. At first, the husband refused to limit himself to food, constantly broke and ate fried and spicy foods. Then he decided to get rid of the disease, he recovered and began to follow a diet. , prescribed by a doctor. The state of health practically improved in a few days, problems with the digestive organs disappeared, excess weight decreased. The disease subsided and he didn't bother for a long time. "
Diet for prostatitis helps not only to significantly speed up the treatment process, but also to heal the body as a whole, as it provides for the rejection of harmful foods. The food is quite varied, which allows you to choose the right dishes and not get hungry.