Prostatitis is an inflammatory lesion of the prostate gland in men that significantly impairs the quality of life.
The reasons for the development of prostatitis
There are the following risk factors:
- genital tract infections;
- weakened immunity;
- bad habits;
- irregular sex life;
- hypothermia of the body;
- sedentary lifestyle.
These factors contribute to the intensification of slow inflammatory processes in the prostate gland (prostatitis). It is easier to help a patient in the early stages of the inflammatory process than to wait for the clinical manifestation of the disease in the form of various urination disorders, a decrease in the quality of sexual life or difficulties in procreation.
Symptoms of prostatitis
The absence of ailments in most patients in the early stages of the inflammatory process in the prostate (prostate gland) is due to the small number of pain receptors in the organ itself.
Of course, you need to see a urologist when you are concerned about:
- painful sensations in the perineum, lower abdomen;
- itching in the urethra;
- the quality of sexual life decreases;
- frequent urination appears (not always painful);
- having to go to the bathroom at night;
- a sexual partner cannot get pregnant.
In addition, fever, weakness and the appearance of nervousness (including those caused by fears) are possible.
You should not delay starting treatment when symptoms (complaints) appear, which may subside for a while, but will progress without medical assistance.
Comprehensive treatment of prostatitis
For effective treatment, you need to consult your doctor. Diagnosis is based on complaints, test data and test results. A high-quality examination guarantees success in diagnosis (with the identification of its causes) and further treatment. The necessary examination can be carried out in a specialized clinic. If you already have the results of laboratory tests, ultrasound results in your hands, the doctors of the clinic recommend that you take them with you to your appointment. This will help you save your family budget and shorten exam times.
In the complex therapy of prostatitis, the doctors of the clinic use highly effective modern drugs, therapeutic procedures, physical therapy, nutritional recommendations. All this allows you to eliminate both the causes and consequences of the disease. This leads to the fastest possible recovery of the patient's health.
Treatment of acute prostatitis
The basis of treatment is antibiotic therapy, individually adapted to a specific patient in a specific case. As auxiliary drugs, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic drugs are used. It is recommended that you drink plenty of fluids and rest in bed. If it is impossible to urinate, a catheter is placed that removes the urine. If an abscess develops, the patient undergoes a transurethral or transabdominal opening of the purulent focus.
With a severe stage of prostatitis, urgent treatment in the hospital is required.
Effective treatment of chronic prostatitis
The complex effect on the prostate gland brings good results:
- Antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal therapy is selected individually based on the results of laboratory tests and the stage of the disease.
- Anti-inflammatory therapy.
- Preparations that restore weakened immunity.
- Massage of the prostate gland restores the structure and function of the organ and improves the supply of medicinal substances.
- Physical therapy increases the effectiveness of the previous three points.
- Nutritional recommendations.
Prevention of prostatitis
Primary prevention involves the prevention of the disease as such in a healthy person.
- Fighting a sedentary lifestyle. Including physical therapy.
- The most complete nutrition with the mandatory use of complexes of vitamins and minerals (trace elements).
- If you do not have a permanent sexual partner, then the mandatory use of a condom in sexual activity. And the rejection of oral sex (all the same microbes live in the mouth as in the genitourinary system).
- If you have a regular sexual partner, when infections of the genitourinary system appear (and this can be a complication after colds, food poisoning and lack of hygiene), synchronous treatment is mandatory day after day and with the same drugs.
- If you and your partner engage in anal sex, it is imperative to use condoms every time.
- Try not to have a lack of sleep whenever possible. Countering chronic stress (there are many books written on this topic with results). It makes sense for athletes to control overtraining whenever possible. And try to avoid frequent hypothermia (experiment with clothes), which undermine the resistance of the body as a whole.
- If your sex drive decreases, consult your urologist to maintain a regular sex life.
Secondary prevention involves the prevention of exacerbations and relapses of an existing disease.
In addition to the above recommendations, it is recommended to add the following:
- To be examined by a urologist for hidden infections.
- Use drugs that improve the structure and function of the prostate gland.
- Treatment of any outbreaks of infection, including sinusitis and tooth decay.
- Limit alcohol intake if possible.
- Food should contain a sufficient amount of dietary fiber: vegetables, fruits, herbs, whole grains and always bran.
- Treatment of concomitant diseases that reduce the effectiveness of therapy. The most frequent and significant are diabetes mellitus, vascular disorders, metabolic syndrome, hormonal deficiency (including the main male hormone - testosterone).