Intimate life for a man is of great importance, it is an indicator of his strength, self-confidence, so if a malfunction of the penis occurs, it becomes a great stress for him. One of the most common urological diseases in the stronger sex is prostatitis. But even with such a diagnosis, the man does not want to stop having sex and therefore asks the question: “Is sex useful for prostatitis? ” Specialists do not give a definitive answer to their patients. But everyone believes that complete abstinence can only make things worse.
When making such a diagnosis, it is important to take into account the stage of the disease, the cause of inflammation, the presence of other diseases, therefore, an individual treatment is selected for each man.
This article will discuss whether sex is useful for prostatitis, how often you can have it, and what are the contraindications in this case. And also how to quickly get rid of an urgent disease.
Prostatitis. What is that?
This is a urological disease, which is an inflammation of the prostate gland, only representatives of the strong half of humanity are sensitive to it. Previously, the pathology occurred in older men, but now it can appear in young people.
Reasons for prostatitis:
- Stress, worries, constant fights.
- Frequent hypothermia.
- Lack of physical activity, sedentary work.
- Hormonal disorders.
- Unstable work of the gastrointestinal tract - frequent constipation.
- Decreased immunity
- Inflammation of the genitourinary system, kidneys.
- Bad habits like alcohol and smoking.
- Age-related changes in the body.
- Irregular food, plenty of fast food, fatty foods.
All of these factors can contribute to prostate inflammation in men. Also, prolonged abstinence from sex or too frequent intimate life has a negative impact.
Sexually transmitted infections, such as chlamydia, can cause prostatitis. This usually occurs during unprotected intercourse with an infected partner or when a low-quality contraceptive has been purchased.
If prostatitis is not treated, the cause of its occurrence is not eliminated, then over time the disease will progress and irreversible consequences may occur. With such a neglected situation, recovery will take years, and during this some restrictions in the intimate sphere will be required.
The acute stage of the development of the disease is not difficult to notice, because there are pronounced symptoms. But if the prostatitis has passed into a chronic form, it is difficult to determine it, because the symptoms practically do not manifest themselves. To detect the disease in this case, the doctor prescribes special tests.
Symptoms of prostatitis
Let's consider the main signs of the disease:
- Violation of urination, a small dose of urine secretion, sometimes even drops.
- Frequent trips to the bathroom associated with the feeling of not emptying the bladder.
- Blood or other discharge in the urine.
- Pain in the genitals during ejaculation, uncontrolled ejaculation, onset prematurely or with a long delay.
- Lack of erection, arousal, attraction to the partner.
When to see a doctor?
Symptoms appear during an exacerbation of the disease. But they can decrease during intimacy or exercise. Pain can only be eliminated by removing inflammation from the prostate gland. Therefore, it will be necessary to contact a specialist, pass the necessary tests, conduct a course of drug and therapeutic treatment. Some doctors also recommend regular sexual intercourse and traditional methods.
The effect of sex on a man diagnosed with prostatitis
What is the use of sex for prostatitis? A man's intimate life has a positive effect on almost his entire body. For example, during intimacy, hormones are produced that help maintain immunity. It is this fact that helps to avoid many diseases, prostatitis itself.
But not all men who have this disease can have sex. In some cases, in fact, excessive friction or irritation is undesirable.
What is the use of sex for prostatitis? Intimate life with such a disease prevents the retention of sperm in the gland, which is one of the causes of inflammation. Such stagnation and the presence of microorganisms can lead to the appearance of stones, which are removed only surgically, because the tablets in this case are ineffective.
Does prostatitis affect sex and how? The intimate process increases blood flow to the genitals, oxygen and nutrients. Thus, the reproductive system is strengthened, its protective properties increase.
It can be considered that sex, as a prevention of prostatitis, is a fairly effective remedy and also helps in the treatment in the early stages. During intimate proximity, iron is actively reduced and together with secret and harmful microorganisms that have appeared due to the inflammatory process are removed from it.
During ejaculation, the gland begins to produce hormones that are so necessary for the male body.
Why is sex useful for prostatitis? Outside the complicated phase of the disease, intimacy has the following positive effects:
- The resistance of the body is increased.
- A man's psychological and emotional background is normalized.
- Prevention of the formation of various diseases, such as cancer, heart attack or diabetes.
- After intimacy, a man becomes more confident, his self-esteem increases, he feels desirable.
- The hormone of happiness is produced, thanks to which the boy feels a surge of strength and energy, his mood rises.
- Intimacy can relieve pain.
- Sex prolongs human life, improves the cardiovascular system.
- During sex, calories are burned, which helps you lose weight.
As a result, the influence of prostatitis on sex outside the stage of exacerbation practically does not occur, but on the contrary, intimacy brings near remission of the disease. But, as with any treatment, you need to adhere to some tips.
Frequency of sexual intercourse
How often can you have sex with prostatitis? It is better to consult a specialist about the number of sexual intercourse with this disease, because at different stages everything is individual. The basic rule for everyone is not too often and not infrequently, and during an exacerbation it is better to refrain.
Advice from the experts:
- All intimate relationships should only be with a constant and healthy partner, this is the only way to get the maximum physical and emotional benefit.
- The number of reports per week should be about 4 times. That is, regular sex is shown with prostatitis.
- Ejaculation should feel natural, without delay.
- If anxiety subsides, you can sometimes take special medications.
- If prostatitis was caused by a genital infection, after eliminating it, sex should still be protected.
- A variety of classic intimacy, the same anal contact, has a positive effect on the prostate.
- Glandular massage also contributes to positive dynamics in the treatment of the disease. You can do it yourself.
- In the absence of a permanent sexual partner, masturbating for ejaculation is recommended, because it is necessary to remove stagnant fluid.
- When pain occurs, sexual intercourse stops immediately.
Contraindications to sex in case of illness
If an intimate life without exacerbation of the disease only helps in the treatment, then the inflammation itself does not always have a positive effect on the intimate life. Contraindications for which you should abstain from sex:
- No arousal, the penis does not lift.
- Unbearable pain.
- The presence of genitourinary diseases in a regular partner.
- Ejaculation does not occur.
- There is no permanent partner, so you have to change them often. It is very important to avoid this, because all girls have different vaginal microflora, which men "get used to" over time, and during sex with different women, the reaction of the genitals can be different. This is how prostatitis affects sex.
If there are any contraindications to sexual intercourse, then you need to feel free to masturbate. The sensations will not be the same as sex, but they will have a positive effect in the treatment.
Disease prevention and sex
Is it good to have sex for prostatitis? Yes, if only because it is believed that its complete absence can lead to male infertility or impotence. But it is not necessary to have sex constantly, because in this process it is important to help the gland get rid of excess fluid, and this can be done with masturbation. But in the second case, incomplete emptying of the prostate and lack of emotional pleasure is possible. You can replace intimacy not only with masturbation, but also with massage. The latter can be done independently, but it is better to consult a specialist.
But not all men can entrust to a stranger the execution of such an intimate procedure as prostate massage. Therefore, you can take special courses with your soul mate.
A better treatment of the disease can only be its prevention, so it is important to adhere to an active lifestyle, give up harmful foods and habits, have regular sex with a regular partner, be less nervous and take vitamins with a decreaseimmunity.
Sex is good for chronic prostatitis
The disease can be in various stages. But when in a chronic condition, man should know that sex is not only necessary, but also useful. Intimate life in this case is a good prevention of the transition of the disease into an acute form. Natural irritation of the prostate occurs during intercourse, which helps to get rid of stagnant fluid in the gland and its condition as a whole.
But the main thing is that sex is protected so that harmful microorganisms do not migrate to a woman.
Treatment of the disease
The fight against prostatitis is not just about intimacy. A man should consult a specialist in order to be able to establish an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment tactics. The first thing any doctor will recommend are medications that can get rid of symptoms quickly. Most popular drugs:
- Herbal infusions (peony, nettle, St. John's wort, burdock).
- Hormonal agents.
Antibacterial agents are needed only for those who, in addition to inflammation, have harmful microorganisms; in their absence, such a drug will only harm. After the destruction of the pathogenic microflora, the inflammation is removed.
Anti-inflammatories are aimed at eliminating the pain syndrome. Herbal preparations are excellent diuretics that facilitate urination, remove bacteria and increase urine volume.
Hormonal and physiotherapy treatments
Hormonal drugs are needed only for those men who have severe disabilities. Such funds normalize the functioning of the prostate gland, have immunomodulatory properties and increase potency. But you need to take such medicines only as prescribed by a doctor and according to the scheme. Uncontrolled use of hormonal drugs can lead to a significant failure of some body systems.
In addition to drugs, physiotherapy is an effective method. They are needed only for those patients in whom the stage of the disease is in a chronic form. The procedures will help improve blood circulation in the penis, normalize metabolism and metabolism.
These methods include magnetic, laser, ultrasound, massage and electrophoresis. These procedures have their advantages and contraindications, therefore their use is not recommended without a prescription.
In addition to physiotherapy, drugs, alternative methods of treatment can be used. But they should come in addition to the main treatment.
Is sex good for prostatitis? Answering the question, we can conclude that outside the phase of exacerbation, intimate life will contribute to the treatment of the disease. So be sure to make love for your health!