After the infection of the prostate gland, an inflammatory process begins. If the problem is not solved, it will lead to the development of prostatitis. Medicine offers several ways to treat the prostate. The main therapy is to take antibiotics and other drugs that eliminate the signs of inflammation.
In the chronic course of prostatitis, many patients use traditional methods of therapy, which have a beneficial effect on the condition of the affected organ and the work of the entire genitourinary system.
The main advantages of treating prostatitis with alternative methods
Alternative medicine has many advantages. They are what makes it so popular with prostatitis patients.
Traditional methods have the following positive qualities:
- Well tolerated by the human body.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Eliminates the symptoms of the disease.
- It has no serious side effects.
- They can be used in combination with each other or together with synthetic drugs.
Traditional medicine aims to improve the general health of the patient. When used in conjunction with traditional methods, full recovery can be achieved.
Since ancient times, herbal medicine has been used for various diseases, including prostatitis.
The healing method is based on the intake of medicinal plants which have a positive effect on the performance of the whole organism. Herbal medicine has many advantages:
- Has a complex effect on the body.
- It involves the use of plants that have antiseptic, immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Relieves potential foci of inflammation.
- Requires the intake of non-addictive plants.
Plant components have a milder effect on the human body. Therefore, they are not as bad as synthetic medicines. But this is also their disadvantage.
Due to their mild action, plants are unable to completely eliminate the disease. Therefore, herbal medicine will only help when used in conjunction with other methods.
Herbal medicine can be used to prevent diseases of the genitourinary system, for example, prostatitis.
Plants will only benefit if applied correctly.
In addition, the patient must be prepared for the fact that such therapy will take more than a month.
Phytotherapy allows you to achieve the following results:
- Pain relief.
- Elimination of spasmodic pain.
- Normalization of urination.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Improve sperm quality.
- Strengthen power.
- Destruction of bacteria in the urogenital cavity.
There is a wide variety of plants that can be used to combat prostatitis. Men should pay attention to herbs, which are discussed below.
Ivan tea is a plant that helps with prostatitis. It can be seen in many recipes of folk remedies recommended in the presence of inflammation in the prostate gland.
The healing properties of ivan tea are provided by a unique composition, which contains:
- Vitamin C.
The herb is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, so it makes sense to use it for prostatitis.
- Reduce the incidence of the disease by strengthening the immune system.
- Reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Destroy pathogenic bacteria and fungi that have entered the body.
- Increase the effectiveness of therapy aimed at fighting adenoma and prostate cancer.
- Normalizes the reproductive system.
Along with this, the discomfort caused by diseases of the gastrointestinal tract disappears.
It is customary to prepare drinks based on Ivan tea, which can then be drunk during the day.
You need to pour 2 tsp. dried plant or 4 tbsp. L. fresh leaves in a teapot and fill them with water. For 10-15 minutes, the tea should be brewed. Then it will be ready for use.
If a man has prostatitis, he should drink tea from this plant for 3 months. The use of ivan tea tinctures and extract in therapy is also allowed. Both drugs are available over the counter.
Men who have reduced blood clotting should stop taking the plant. In other cases, teas and tinctures won't do any harm.
The plant is actively used for prostatitis and other diseases in which there is a sharp decrease in immunity.
Ginseng is also recommended for men who are concerned about severe nervous tension, pain and inflammation in different parts of the body.
The plant product contains saponin. It stimulates the work of all glands. The prostate is no exception.
For ginseng therapy to be effective, it is necessary to follow exactly the recipes for the preparation of folk remedies for prostatitis, of which it is the main component.
There are several ways to prepare ginseng medicines at home:
- Tincture to strengthen the immune system. It is prepared from 50 g of dried plant roots, 50 g of natural honey and 0. 5 liters of vodka. The resulting mixture should be infused for at least 3 weeks in a dark place. The temperature in that room should be 18 degrees Celsius. After that the tincture is ready for use. For medicinal purposes, 1 tsp should be taken. before meals several times a day.
- Tincture to combat chronic prostatitis. It is prepared with 70% alcohol and ginseng root. A ratio of 10: 1 should be followed. The instrument should be infused for approximately 14 days. After that you need to take ½ tsp. 3 times a day about 25 minutes before meals.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that homemade tinctures are made on an alcohol basis. Therefore, not all men can be admitted.
St. John's Wort
Another useful herb that helps treat chronic prostatitis. St. John's wort contains the following components:
- Industrial anthracene substances. They have antibacterial properties.
- Flavonoids. They differ in anti-inflammatory action. It prevents allergies.
- Terpenes. They have antiseptic, diuretic and antiviral effects.
St. John's wort will have a beneficial effect on potency if a man starts taking drugs based on it.
But much more often they are used to eliminate the symptoms of prostatitis and other inflammatory diseases that affect the genitourinary organs.
If you abuse folk remedies with St. John's wort, you can get the development of side effects:
- Decrease in power.
- Liver disorders;
It is strictly forbidden to take them to men who have been diagnosed with liver, heart and kidney diseases.
Patients can use this recipe for St. John's wort:
- Broth. To prepare a medicinal drink, mix 200 ml of water and 1 tbsp. L. herbal mass. All this must be put on fire and boiled for 15 minutes. It is best to take a full serving of chilled broth 3 times a day. It is necessary to maintain an interval of at least 4 hours between doses.
- Infusion of water. It will take 1 tbsp. L. St. John's wort and 1 glass of boiling water. The tool must be insisted for half an hour before use. It is recommended to take an infusion of 50ml of water 3 times a day before meals.
- Tincture. To prepare a folk remedy that helps cure prostatitis, you need to take 100 g of St. John's wort and fill it with 40% alcohol. The tincture should be infused in a dark place for at least 10 days. Take it pure before meals for ½ tsp.
St. John's wort can be used for medicinal purposes only if a man with prostatitis has no contraindications to this medicine.
Prostatitis in men can be treated with the beloved parsley herb.
It has a huge number of beneficial properties that will be very useful in the fight against inflammation of the prostate gland, acute or chronic.
Parsley juice is very useful for men with prostatitis, as well as other remedies prepared on the basis of its leaves, roots and seeds.
The plant is a natural diuretic that treats edema and improves the elimination of harmful substances from the body.
To prepare traditional medicine from parsley, you need to take a fresh root of the plant in the amount of 1 tbsp. L. and mix it with 0, 5 liters of boiling water.
After that it is recommended to wrap the container in a cloth and let it cool for 8-10 hours.
Infusion of parsley is taken in 1 tbsp. L. several times a day every 2 hours. It is recommended to limit yourself to 3-8 doses of home medicine.
If there is a desire and an opportunity, then it is worth trying to cure prostatitis with herbal preparations. They can consist of the following phyto components:
- Milk thistle.
Only select plants that do not cause allergies.
Products for beekeeping
Alternative medicine experts recommend that men who have been diagnosed with prostatitis treat the disease with bee products.
Cope with inflammation:
- 1 teaspoon the product is dissolved in a small portion of warm milk. It is recommended to drink this mixture every day before meals. Enemas are also made on the basis of propolis.
- To prepare them take 40 g of the main ingredient, dissolved in a glass of alcohol and 2 g of cocoa.
- For an enema, only 2 g of solution are used, which are diluted in a syringe and insisted for a day. It is allowed to carry out such procedures within 2 months.
It is customary to combine it with medicinal plants.
- From honey, linden, chamomile, celandine and St. John's wort, which are taken in equal quantities, form a mixture.
- The main ingredient is added last. The mass is poured with water in the amount of 0, 5 liters.
- The ready infusion should be drunk every day after a meal, 1 dose.
Candles for rectal administration are made with honey. They are created from 1 tsp. beekeeping product, 1 egg and 3 tbsp. L. flour (rye).
As a result, you should get a compact mass, from which you need to form a candle. It is best to store finished products in the freezer. Every morning and evening, it is necessary to insert a homemade candle into the anus.
- Requires 2 st. L. pour 0, 5 l of water at room temperature.
- Then bring the mixture to a boil. After about 2 hours, filter the medicine and drink 1 tbsp. L.
- Pre-mix the broth with a small portion of honey. Take this remedy 3 times a day. Store it in the refrigerator.
Some of these home remedies can be stored for some time. However, experts recommend doing a new dose of the medicine for each appointment.
The use of hot baths in therapy must be approved by the attending physician, as such procedures are sometimes strictly prohibited for prostatitis.
Before taking a bath, it is recommended to add a decoction prepared with the following rates:
- Marsh jar and willow tea (2: 2).
- Sage, lime, climbing thyme and chamomile (1: 1: 1: 1).
Each of these fillers must be poured into 1 liter of boiled water and infused for 1 hour. After the finished infusion must be poured into the bath. Sitting procedures are most helpful for prostatitis. It is recommended to spend 20-25 minutes in the water.
In order for therapy based on alternative therapy methods to be more effective, men should give up bad habits and start eating right. In the absence of contraindications, you should include physiotherapy exercises in your daily routine, which helps improve the condition of the pelvic organs. It is also necessary to avoid hypothermia and regularly visit a urologist.