If we shift the concept of the Achilles' heel to the sexual sphere of the representatives of the strong half of humanity, the prostate gland will play its role. An acute or chronic form of inflammation is always a threat to health, and the causes of prostatitis in men are so diverse that it is not easy to cure the disease. Even with advances in medicine, urogenital pathology remains one of the most common, moreover, the disease is "younger". To diagnose correctly, you need to know what causes prostatitis.
What is prostatitis
The term used to denote an exclusive male disorder is based on two concepts: prostate (from the Latin "prostate") and is (from the Latin for inflammation). Prostatitis is an andrological pathology in the form of an inflammatory process that occurs in the area of the prostate gland. For a number of reasons, the "second heart" in the male body ceases to cope with its functions, threatening the appearance of such unpleasant phenomena as suppuration, loss of libido, impaired ejaculation, infertility.
What causes prostatitis in men
Age is not included in the list of factors causing the onset of pathologies in men. The real statistics are unknown, and the recorded cases, taking into account the correct diagnosis, indicate that about 35% of young men between the ages of 30 and 40 are faced with such a diagnosis.
Other causes of prostatitis in young and mature men are considered more prominent and threatening:
- infections (genitourinary, sexually transmitted infections) or tonsillitis;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- circulatory disorders (stagnation of venous blood);
- relationship interrupted;
- prolonged abstinence;
- hormonal imbalance;
- constant stress.
In young people
Extremely active sexual activity, as well as prolonged abstinence or irregular sexual intercourse, can cause prostatitis in young men. The course of urological pathology in them is characteristic in an acute form, and the most common cause is a sexually transmitted infection. Gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia cause the appearance of acute prostatitis in young people, stratifying on possible structural anomalies of the prostate tissue.
Causes of chronic prostatitis in men
If bacteria and other pathogens of infectious inflammation can provoke the appearance of an acute form of urological pathology, other factors can cause chronic diseases. The danger of this variant of prostatitis lies in the long and often asymptomatic course of the disease. It is not possible to immediately identify the characteristic signs, and since the disease periodically worsens, men prefer not to contact a specialist. The inflammatory process continues to develop, and the following factors can contribute to the emergence of chronic prostatitis:
- weight lifting with a full bladder;
- anatomical disorders;
- bacterial infection of other organs.
Causes of the acute form
When an infection enters the body through the external genitalia, the result of the activity of bacteria is inflammation of the tissues of the prostate gland. The acute process is clinically pronounced, therefore, with the diagnosis of prostatitis in men, problems rarely arise.
To avoid unpleasant sensations that can affect potency, it is useful to know the main causes of acute prostatitis in men, including the following:
- infectious pathogens (streptococci, staphylococci, Trichomonas, chlamydia, Escherichia coli);
- promiscuity in sexual relations;
- using a urethral catheter;
- instrumental intervention when examining the area of the urethra;
- congestion, circulatory disturbances.
By their nature, the causes of prostatitis in men are different, the most common being the action of pathogens. One type of bacterium can provoke the development of pathologies after sexual intercourse, while the other can contribute to the appearance of urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis. Infectious agents enter the prostate from the urethra or rectum. A timely examination can reveal the presence of Klebsiella, enterococci, Trichomonas and other types of bacteria that cause prostatitis.
Congestion of the prostate
This type of prostatitis is more common in mature men, while younger men get sick less often. It is difficult to recognize the pathology, so over time it becomes chronic. The situation is aggravated by the fact that the symptoms of this form of prostatitis in men can be completely absent, and only a burning sensation in the perineum, a slight pain radiating to the inner side of the thigh after a long walk can indicate the presence ofnon-infectious urological pathology. What factors cause stagnation of venous blood in the small pelvis?
The main causes of prostatitis in men are:
- sedentary work;
- minimal activity of sexual intercourse or their interruption;
- hypothermia of the pelvic organs, of the whole body;
- hormonal disorders;
- inflammatory processes in the genitourinary system, pelvic organs, rectum;
- varicose veins and other diseases associated with impaired outflow of venous blood;
Congenital anomalies can cause stagnation of venous blood and secretions leading to prostatitis in men. Violation of the structure of the glands can reduce libido or lead to inhibition of sexual activity. The special hormones responsible for erection are not produced in sufficient quantities, which makes ejaculation difficult. A special secret accumulates in the ducts of the gland, and since ejaculation in a man is disturbed and complete emptying of the ducts does not occur, the stagnant phenomenon progresses.
A urological disease itself cannot be transmitted. And yet, medical practice shows that there is a risk: during sexual intercourse, infectious agents can enter the tissues and then bacteria will enter the prostate gland, causing inflammation.
The following factors form a group of acquired causes of prostatitis:
- Perineal trauma, which can be followed by the development of a chronic inflammatory process, damage to the vessels of the prostate or impaired erectile function.
- Narrowing of the urinary canal, which leads to a reduced outflow of urine and an increase in pressure in the urethra.
- An inflammatory process in the genitourinary system (urethritis), when an infection enters the prostate tissue.
- Prostate stones.
- The negative impact of professional activities.
Diagnostics of prostatitis
Only on the basis of the result of a comprehensive examination, a urologist can make a correct diagnosis for a patient. To determine the nature and form of the disease, the doctor will make a history, conduct a general and urological examination. To understand the clinical picture and what can cause unpleasant symptoms, a specialist will perform a painful but much needed rectal examination of the prostate.
With regular visits to a urologist, some diagnostic procedures can be avoided.
The main complex of studies, which makes it possible to diagnose prostatitis in men, involves the following activities:
- general urinalysis;
- analysis of prostatic secretion;
- ejaculation test;
- urethral swab;
- Ultrasound of the prostate gland;
- computed tomography of the pelvic organs;
Treatment of prostatitis
A doctor can recommend how to treat urological diseases only after carrying out diagnostic measures. In order not to cause serious complications or not to delay the treatment of prostatitis, it makes sense for the patient to use the tactics chosen by the specialist, in addition, it is important to follow the recommendations. The method of therapy for prostatitis in men will depend on the nature of the inflammatory process: infectious or non-infectious nature.
The general scheme of treatment of the disease looks like this:
- Antibacterial therapy.Taking antibiotics from the fluoroquinolone group with their unique properties tops the list of drugs that can complicate and prevent further development of prostatitis in men. Sometimes drugs from the macrolide group may be prescribed, and anti-inflammatory (non-steroidal) drugs help relieve pain.
- Physiotherapy.Each method is aimed at improving blood circulation, for this, procedures such as magnetic and laser therapy, electrophoresis and therapeutic baths are used.
- Massage.This is the most effective post-medication treatment to help manage inflammation. When a specialist touches this area, the pain cannot be avoided, but the massage helps to significantly speed up recovery, remove pus and improve the effect of antibiotics.
- Immunomodulatory therapy.For a complete recovery, measures and funds are needed to correct the state of the immune system. Vitamins, fortifying drugs help restore immunity, maintain and improve well-being, so that strength seems to fight an unpleasant disease and the causes of prostatitis.
- Folk remedies, prevention.These indications are used as an additional step in which it was possible to cope with the main symptoms of prostatitis in men. Herbal teas, candles and other recipes based on the gifts of nature should be used after consulting a specialist. It is also useful for the patient to review the diet and diet, increase the proportion of natural products, give up alcohol, exercise regularly and avoid nervous overload.