Prostatitis is an acute or chronic disease of the prostate characterized by inflammation of the organ. Symptoms in acute form are manifested by fever, chills, fever, cramps when urinating, pain in the lower abdomen, lower back and scrotum. The chronic form of the disease, as a rule, proceeds without noticeable symptoms. Acute prostatitis therapy consists of the use of drugs. In rare cases, surgery is required. Chronic prostatitis can be effectively treated with both drugs and folk remedies.
Treatment of acute prostatitis with drugs
Acute prostatitis is inflammation of the prostate gland caused by an infection. The disease is characterized by the appearance of prostate edema and the formation of purulent foci in its tissues.
The following groups of drugs are used for treatment:
- Antibiotics.Medicines are the main weapon in the fight against prostatitis. To choose the right drug, it is necessary to find out which microorganism caused prostatitis. It is necessary to make a bacterial culture of the prostate juice. The duration of therapy is approximately one month or more. The main classes of antibiotics for the treatment of the prostate are: beta-lactams, fluoroquinolones, macrolides.
- Muscle relaxants.Used to relax the pelvic muscles and urinary organs. This helps reduce pain and normalize urination.
- Diuretics.The use of drugs of this class serves to ensure complete excretion of urine. With complex therapy, alpha-1-blockers are prescribed.
- Antispasmodics.Medicines of this class are used to relax vascular smooth muscle, which activates blood microcirculation, relieves pain and improves the release of secretions from the prostate.
When choosing a drug, do not succumb to the influence of aggressive advertisements that require the treatment of prostatitis with expensive imported drugs. It is necessary to understand that inexpensive drugs are no worse than foreign analogues, since the effectiveness of the treatment is affected by the active substance of the drug, and not by the brand name and colored packaging.
Chronic disease control
Treatment of prostatitis with drugs consists of the prescription of analgesics, anti-inflammatories, immunomodulators and steroids.
Antibiotics should be included in the treatment of the disease.
Lifestyle changes play a special role in the fight against chronic prostatitis: rationalize nutrition, abandon bad habits, increase physical activity, avoid stressful situations.
Popular drugs for prostate therapy
Today for the treatment of prostatitis there is a huge number of drugs of various classes. However, patients and doctors have preferences for certain medications.
The list of the most popular medicines looks like this:
- A medicine, the main substance of which is the extract of the plant Serenoa. The substance prevents further proliferation of prostate tissue, reduces pressure in the bladder, facilitates the urination process and has an anti-inflammatory effect. The effect of using the drug is manifested by an improvement in urination and the general condition of a man. The drug is taken once a day, the duration of hospitalization is determined by the doctor.
- An animal drug used for the treatment of chronic prostatitis. The drug has a broad spectrum of action: it exhibits organotropic (selective) properties in relation to the prostate, reduces edema and leukocyte infiltration of the prostate, normalizes secretory function and activates the tone of the bladder. The drug activates microcirculation in the prostate gland by inhibiting the process of thrombus formation, prevents the formation of venous thrombosis in the prostate. The candles light up quickly. They are used both for the chronic manifestation of the disease and during the recovery period after surgery on the prostate gland. The drug is used one candle per day. Duration of admission is 10 days. Side effects of the drug can be manifested by itching in the anus.
- A medicine that targets the disease by reducing swelling of the prostate by activating the blood supply to the pelvic region. The drug has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects, increases the tone of the prostate and urinary bladder, improves immunity. It is produced as an injection or rectal suppository. Suppositories must be inserted into the anus twice a day. The duration of the course is 7-10 days.
- The drug, the therapeutic effect of which is based on the inhibition of the action of the male sex hormone testosterone on the growth of prostate tissue. There is a decrease in the production of dihydrotestosterone, which contributes to a decrease in the size of the prostate. This makes it easier for you to urinate. Tablets are used in an amount of one per day. The medicine is a long-term drug. The duration of therapy should be at least six months.
- A drug that belongs to the class of "antibiotics" and is prescribed for the treatment of acute or chronic bacterial prostatitis. A medicine is produced in the form of a powder to prepare a solution for injection and in the form of tablets with bactericidal properties against staphylococci, streptococci and other gram-positive bacteria. In tablet form, the drug is consumed every five hours, 0. 5-1 grams.
- Medicine, produced in the form of capsules with modified release of the active ingredient. The drug is prescribed for dysuric disorders and benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatitis. Contraindications to the use of the drug are liver diseases. Take this medicine by mouth immediately after breakfast, drinking plenty of fluids. The dosage is one capsule once a day.
- A drug of plant origin and is not a medicine. It is in fact a fast-acting complex natural remedy composed of extracts of ginseng, safflower leuzea, yellow zelenchuk, goji berries, Potentilla erectus, sage and Caucasian discorea. Thanks to the active ingredients, the drug increases sexual desire, erection and normalizes blood circulation in the affected area. This leads to the elimination of prostate congestion and the restoration of lost functions of the genitourinary system. The therapeutic effect is also manifested in the improvement of the emotional state of a man, which is important for prostatitis. As a result, self-confidence increases and sleep normalizes. The big advantage is the absence of side effects.
Along with medicines and folk remedies, the treatment of prostatitis should be accompanied by a prostate massage. It is recommended to carry out the procedure in a medical facility by a qualified specialist.
The massage is performed as follows:
- The man assumes the knee-elbow position and relaxes the muscles of the pelvis as much as possible.
- The doctor puts on gloves and inserts his index finger into the anus.
- The specialist examines the anterior rectal wall. After finding the prostate, the doctor applies gentle pressure.
This procedure activates the release of glandular secretions into the urethra. After prostate massage, examinations are recommended to determine the dynamics of the disease.
An important positive effect of prostate massage is the improvement of blood circulation in the prostate gland, which leads to an increase in its protective properties and the activation of regenerative processes in the organ.
Fighting prostatitis at home
Treatment of prostatitis is a long process. In this regard, for the treatment of the disease, it is effective to use not only drugs, but also alternative treatments. At home, the most popular way to treat prostatitis is to use tinctures and decoctions of medicinal plants.
Effective remedies to fight prostatitis:
- Celandine broth.The folk remedy can be used both simultaneously with drug therapy and after its completion. The broth is prepared as follows: 150 grams of dry grass are poured with 1 liter of boiling water and left to brew for several hours. After filtration through cheesecloth, about 300 grams of honey are added to the composition and 20-30 grams are consumed on the eve of each food intake. Positive results will be evident after a few days of admission.
- Pumpkin seeds. The healing effect of pumpkin seeds is due to the high content of zinc contained in them. To achieve a therapeutic effect, it is necessary to consume 50-70 grams of seeds per day. Another option for eating pumpkin seeds are pumpkin balls. To prepare them, you need to grind 0, 5 kilograms of raw seeds in a blender and add 300 grams of honey. After that, from the resulting mixture, you can roll balls and use them several times a day.
- Infusion of hazelnut. It is a valuable aid in the complex treatment of prostatitis due to the presence of a large amount of trace elements and tannins. The infusion has a tonic effect, improves immunity. For the preparation of a medicinal broth, bark or hazelnut leaves are used. You can use two parts of the plant at the same time. The composition is prepared as follows: 30 grams of chopped dry bark or leaves are prepared in a thermos with 300 milliliters of boiling water and left to infuse for 10-12 hours. After that, the broth is filtered through gauze and drunk 50 milliliters on the eve of each meal.
- Poplar bark dye.The healing properties of poplar bark are the same as those of hazel bark, due to the high content of trace elements and tannins in the plant. To prepare a tincture, 85 grams of chopped dry bark is placed in a 0. 5 liter glass jar and 250 milliliters of vodka or alcohol are added. The time required for the infusion of the healing composition is 14-16 days. Drink 1-2 teaspoons of tincture on the eve of each meal.
- Parsley.The plant has the ability to relieve inflammation of the prostate gland and normalize the genitourinary system. Vitamins, trace elements, organic acids and other compounds contained in the plant in large quantities are responsible for these properties of parsley. So, for example, 100 grams of parsley has two daily allowances for provitamin A, and vitamin C is almost four times more than in lemon. Additionally, parsley contains inulin, a natural analogue of insulin. The substance is capable of lowering blood sugar levels. Parsley juice should be taken 20 milliliters on the eve of each meal. The healing broth can be prepared with parsley seeds. To do this, grind 60 grams of seeds in a blender and pour them with a glass of boiling water. After a two-hour infusion, the broth should be filtered on gauze and consumed 20-30 milliliters before each meal.
- Kalanchoe tincture.There are two ways to use the healing properties of a plant to treat prostatitis: by making a tincture of Kalanchoe and by making a decoction. The tincture is prepared by mixing 100 grams of crushed leaves and 200 milliliters of vodka or alcohol. After three weeks, the tincture is ready for use. It is only necessary to filter the composition through gauze. They drink 10-15 milliliters of healing liquid on the eve of each meal. The duration of treatment is 2-3 months.
- Brothfrom chestnut peel.Chestnuts are used in folk medicine as a tonic and immunomodulating agent. To combat prostatitis, it is especially important to have a normal function of the body's immune system. To prepare the healing tincture, use the crushed peel of ripe chestnuts in the amount of 40 grams per 0, 5 liters of water. The peel is poured with boiling water into a thermos and insisted for 10-12 hours, after which the composition is filtered through gauze and drunk on the eve of each meal, 20-30 milliliters.
At home, for the treatment of prostatitis, medicinal herbs can be used to prepare baths. The substances contained in the needles effectively relieve inflammation, relax and soothe. To prepare a bath, you can use a ready-made pharmacy infusion or prepared with your own hands.
To prepare the infusion yourself, you need to brew 500 grams of pine needles with 2 liters of boiling water and let it brew for 2-3 hours. Next, the composition must be filtered through gauze and poured into a water bath. The water temperature should be between 36-38 degrees. The duration of the bath is 20-25 minutes.
Microclysters from prostatitis
For the treatment of prostatitis, it makes sense to use microclitators with warm mineral water or hydrogen sulfide. The procedure is performed by taking 40 ml of healing water in a rubber bulb and introducing it into the rectum. It is advisable to keep the fluid in the intestine as long as possible.
The oily microcliters with propolis also have strong healing properties. It is recommended to use sea buckthorn, rosehip, plantain oils. For one procedure, it is necessary to mix 30 milligrams of purified propolis with hot oil in an amount of 100 grams. Heat the composition in a water bath to a temperature of 80 degrees and allow to cool. After cooling, strain through cheesecloth and use as directed. The result after the procedure appears almost immediately: the pain decreases, the urination process is restored. Propolis and oils are effective anti-inflammatory substances, increase the protective properties of the body, effectively destroy harmful microflora.
Treatment of prostatitis is a long and difficult process. To achieve a positive result, it is not enough to use only medicines and folk remedies. It is necessary to radically change the way of life: to give up cigarettes and alcohol, to balance the diet, to avoid stressful conditions, hypothermia, to normalize sex life.