In medicine, an inflammation of the prostate gland is called prostatitis. The cause is often a violation of blood microcirculation in the pelvic area. The development of such a disease with an infectious process in the tissues of the prostate is not excluded. The disease not only worsens a man's quality of life, but also leads to serious complications in the reproductive system. Chronitisation of the pathology is also an unpleasant consequence. Treatment for prostatitis at home with natural remedies is a treatment option for men.
What is prostatitis
The disease is an inflammation of the prostate gland due to negative external or internal factors. The bacterial form of prostatitis is more common. It is caused by pathogenic bacteria, which from the rectum, bladder and urethra enter the prostate gland. The disease by the nature of the course is acute and chronic. The latter form has less pronounced symptoms.
A sedentary lifestyle that causes congestion in the pelvic area is also considered a possible cause of prostatitis.
Regardless of the etiology of the disease, it is characterized by the following symptoms:
- fatigue, depression, lethargy;
- increased urge to urinate at night;
- accelerated ejaculation;
- discomfort and pain in the scrotum, groin, lower abdomen and lower back;
- burning sensation in the perineum;
- the appearance in the urine of floating clots - "strings", and sometimes - blood or pus;
- feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder.
Treatment of prostatitis
If you find signs of prostate disease, contact a urologist. Self-medication in this case is unacceptable. Adequate therapy will be only after the diagnosis made by the doctor.
The treatment of various forms of prostatitis has its own schemes and methods:
- Bacterial. In the fight against this form, antibacterial drugs from the group of penicillins, macrolides and fluoroquinolones are used. To relieve inflammation, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used. Alpha blockers help to reduce bladder tone and sedatives to improve the psychological state.
- Stagnant. Treatable with pumpkin seeds, parsley and black elderberry.
- Chronic. It is important in this case to avoid exacerbating factors, such as hypothermia, constipation, premature emptying of the bladder. Drugs are used as in the acute form: antibiotics, NSAIDs, antidepressants.
These are the classic treatment regimens for various forms of prostatitis. Regardless of the nature of the course of the disease, doctors use several traditional methods to treat impotence.
The list of such methods includes:
- Diet. It aims to discharge the intestines. To do this, you need to give up junk food. The diet instead includes a large amount of vegetables, fruits, herbs, cereals and lean meats and fish.
- Massage. It is performed through the urethra or the anus. The goal is to increase blood flow to the prostate.
- Surgery. This method of treatment is considered radical, therefore it is carried out for serious indications.
- Gymnastics. It aims to eliminate congestion in the pelvic area. Squats and walking in place are considered effective, but there are other effective exercises. In this context, it is necessary to stop smoking and alcohol.
The peculiarity of home treatment is that it will only be effective at an initial stage. Forms of the disease with frequent complications or relapses require a more serious approach with medications. An effective home treatment for prostatitis is based on herbal medicine, proper nutrition, exercise and a healthy prostate massage.
Certain methods are chosen according to the form of the disease:
- Judging by the reviews, it is possible to get rid of the symptoms of acute prostatitis faster. This form of the disease lasts for 1-2 months. The treatment can last up to six months. Sitting baths help improve blood circulation. Juice therapy will be effective against the acute form. The patient is advised to take beet juice (stabilized), cucumbers, carrots and asparagus. Herbal teas with calendula, horsetail, yarrow, nettle and other medicinal herbs will also be useful. If the disease is caused by bacteria, the patient cannot avoid taking antibiotics. Alternative methods are used against the background of the main treatment.
- The chronic form takes much longer to heal. This is due to frequent relapses of the disease. Decoctions of fresh or dried herbs and plants can cope with the problem. The chronic form of prostatitis requires a change in diet. Bee pollen helps to increase weakened immunity and replenish the lack of vitamins. It is important to include more berries in the diet, such as:
Effective home treatment of prostatitis is carried out not only with the help of alternative methods. The patient can take medications on an outpatient basis. The approach to treatment is complex, so the doctor prescribes several drugs at the same time.
Depending on the etiology of the disease and symptoms, the following categories of drugs are used:
- Antibacterial. The first patients are prescribed fluoroquinols. Second-line antibiotics are tetracyclines, macrolides and penicillins. Contraindications:
- individual intolerance;
- allergy to drug components;
- pathology of the hematopoietic system;
- hepatic or renal insufficiency.
- Alpha blockers. Essential for relaxing the smooth muscles of the urethra and bladder neck. As a result of taking such funds, headaches, dry mouth, weakness, rashes are possible. Contraindications:
- orthostatic hypotension;
- liver failure;
- individual hypersensitivity;
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Relieves pain and inflammation.
- Antispasmodic. Eliminates vascular spasms and associated pain cider. The drugs are contraindicated for:
- lactase deficiency;
- low cardiac output syndrome.
The use of prostatitis cups improves blood circulation in the pelvic area. This normalizes the work of the organs located in it. Banks are placed on the outer edge of the sacrum at the level of 2-3 sacral vertebrae. With inflammation of the prostate, painful seals and dilated capillaries are observed in this area. Before installing the cans, it is necessary to treat the skin with alcohol.
Then perform the following actions:
- creates several notches using a ripper;
- put the jars for 10-15 minutes (due to the vacuum, the blood comes out);
- then the banks are removed and the blood is removed with a sterile cotton swab;
- the point of the notches is sealed with a bactericidal plaster;
- the procedure is repeated once every 2 weeks with a cycle of up to 3-5 sessions.
Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies involves the use of water procedures. These are baths that improve the blood supply to the pelvic organs. They need to be taken for at least 15-20 minutes. The baths are sedentary, you can only soak at the level of the lower back and not with the whole body. The best effect will be with a simple sitting in the bathtub and at the same time rubbing the pelvic area and the perineum.
Other recommendations for water procedures:
- doctors recommend adding decoctions of medicinal herbs such as chamomile, sage, dried watercress, linden to the bath;
- it is better to carry out the procedure in the evening before going to bed;
- hypothermia should not be allowed at the end of the bath;
- For a massaging effect, direct a jet of warm water at moderate pressure from the bottom up to the perineum.
Exercise helps to eliminate lymphatic congestion in the pelvic area. Being active is important, as a sedentary lifestyle is a provoking factor for prostatitis. A man is advised to walk or jog regularly, if his health permits. Morning exercises must be present in the daily routine. After that, you need to massage the perineum for a couple of minutes.
Among the exercises (gymnastics), the following are particularly effective:
- Squat. Do 3 sets of 50 squats about 3 times a week. There should be a 3 minute break between sets.
- Pelvic rotation. You need to stand upright, put your feet shoulder-width apart, put your hands on the belt. Further, in this position, it is necessary to perform circular movements with the pelvis 10 times in one / the other direction.
- Buttock walking. You need to sit on the floor, straighten your legs. Next, you need to move your buttocks, taking several "steps" back and forth.
Professional urologists advise all men with prostatitis to massage the prostate gland. This procedure improves local blood circulation, provides stimulation of organ work, good muscle tone and the outflow of secretions, and increases sexual performance.
The massage is performed in different ways: rectally or through the tissue of the perineum. The first method is considered more efficient.
Instructions for rectal massage:
- wear medical gloves;
- lubricate the index finger with petroleum jelly or cream;
- insert it carefully into the anus to a depth of 5 cm;
- for 1. 5 minutes, gently massage the prostate with light stroking movements, pressing so that no pain is felt.
Another important element for effective home treatment for prostatitis is nutrition. A balanced diet leads to relieve the symptoms of the disease, has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
It is necessary to exclude from the diet foods such as:
- strong coffee and tea;
- sweet desserts;
- fatty meats and fish;
- meat offal;
- smoked, pickled, pickled and pickled snacks;
- spicy vegetables such as garlic, even with a couple of cloves;
- carbonated drinks;
- canned food;
- semi-finished products;
- fatty meat and vegetable broths;
- food with flavorings, dyes and preservatives.
Prostatitis requires a diet rich in zinc. Promotes normal sperm production and better erection. Zinc can be obtained from legumes, seafood, chicken liver and nuts. Juice therapy is considered effective for inflammation of the prostate gland.
Among other useful products for this disease stand out:
- fresh fruit and vegetables;
- lean meats and fish;
- fermented milk drinks;
- soy products;
- cottage cheese;
- buckwheat, wheat, oatmeal;
- weak tea;
- compotes, fruit drinks.
Treatment of the prostate with folk remedies involves the use of therapeutic juices, decoctions and tinctures of seeds, roots and flowers of medicinal plants.
The application of these methods has its peculiarities:
- when combining traditional methods with electrophoresis, the effectiveness of therapy increases;
- for the preparation of alcohol tincture, it is recommended to use stems, leaves and flowers of plants, it is better to prepare the root part with boiling water;
- When choosing ingredients, you must strictly follow the instructions, and when taking it, observe the dosage.
Such folk remedies for the treatment of prostatitis are an alcoholic drink obtained by infusing fruit, seeds, spices, medicinal and aromatic herbs on alcohol or vodka. In other words, it is a plant extract. Dyes are used both internally and externally. The advantage of tinctures is that alcohol is effective in extracting medicinal substances from the plant, which ensures their long-term storage and provides medicinal properties.
Tinctures can be prepared for future use and used for 2-3 years.
The following recipes are considered effective for prostatitis:
- Kalagan (Potentilla) tincture. Take 50 g of the plant, dry it, pour a bottle of vodka, add 1, 5 tsp. licorice. Add 4-5 coffee beans for taste. Pour the contents into a glass container, send in a dark place for 1 month. At the end of this period, filter the product with gauze. Conduct a reception for 1 tbsp. L. daily.
- Tincture of propolis. Put the grated propolis in a glass dish. Pour the product with alcohol in a 1: 2 ratio. Then, remove the container for 1 week in a dry and shady place. Mix the tincture every 3 days. Filter the finished product through a double folded gauze. Take 30-40 drops of tincture for 0. 5 cups of warm milk per day. To enhance the effect, additionally inject a mixture of a couple of drops of propolis and slightly warmed tar into the anus every day.
- Aloe tincture. Take 500 g of leaves of this plant, finely chopped. Then add 500 ml of semi-sweet or fortified wine and 500 ml of liquid honey. Mix the ingredients vigorously, send them in the refrigerator for a week. Then filter and consume 3 times a day before meals, taking 1 tsp.
The decoctions are easier to prepare. They are aqueous extracts of parts of a plant with a coarser structure. These include leaves, wood, roots, tubers. They require a longer heat treatment.
The following decoctions are considered effective against prostatitis:
- From birch leaves. You need to take 2 tbsp. L. raw, dry or fresh, grind it. The vegetable part is poured with 2 liters of boiling water. Thereafter, the agent should be left to infuse for approximately 1 hour. Filter the broth before taking it, drink it during the day.
- Onion peel. It is necessary to remove the dry peel from 5-7 onions. It is poured with 700 ml of liquid, brought to a boil, boiled for about 5 minutes. The product should be infused within 2-3 hours. Before use, the broth must be filtered. Drink this volume of fluids throughout the day.
- From fennel. Take 1 tsp. dill seeds, sea buckthorn bark, lemon balm, horsetail and 3 tsp. juniper and steel. Boil the herbal mixture for a few minutes after boiling, leave for a couple of hours. Take 100 ml per day. Repeat the procedure 3 times.
The unique composition of pumpkin seeds can provide the male body with the zinc it needs. You need to eat at least 30 pieces a day. It is best to do this before eating. This quantity of seeds contains the daily requirement of zinc.
There is another way to use this product:
- peel 0, 5 kg of pumpkin seeds;
- turn them with a meat grinder;
- add about 200 g of honey, mix;
- shapes the mixture into balls the size of a walnut;
- sends to the refrigerator shelf;
- eat a "candy" 30 minutes before meals.
Treatment with wormwood
The wormwood plant is able to eliminate pyogenic infections and, in general, to fight inflammatory diseases. Its effectiveness is due to its bitter taste. The entire course of treatment requires approximately 100g of weed. Raw materials must be rubbed with your hands and then sifted through a colander. The whole part is used to prepare a decoction for the purpose of irrigation. The absinthe that has passed through the holes in the colander is brought to dry inside.
The ingestion of the herb is independent of food intake. During treatment, it is important to observe the regularity of hospitalization. You can't miss them even at night.
The scheme for using crushed dry absinthe is as follows:
- The first 3 days with a frequency of 2-2, 5 hours, swallow a pinch of dry raw materials, moistening with saliva and drinking water.
- For the next 4 days, use the herb only 5-6 times during the day.
- Perform micro enema every day in the evening. For 1 liter of boiling water, you need to take 1 tsp. dry wormwood. After that, the rinsing agent is filtered and 100 ml is poured for the procedure. At night, half of the specified volume is injected into the anus. The second part is used for the urethra. To do this, the edges of the urethra are pressed against the tip of a small syringe. In addition, its contents are abruptly injected. Drying is repeated throughout the week.
Regular sodium bicarbonate can have complex effects on the prostate gland. When used externally, it removes inflammation and harmful bacteria, promotes the restoration of damaged tissues, eliminates pain, itching and burning.
There are 2 main ways to use baking soda for prostatitis:
- Trays. Take 1 teaspoon per 2 liters of boiled warm water. iodine and 1 tbsp. L. drink. Stir to dissolve the ingredients. Pour the solution into a bowl, sit down and wait about half an hour. Improvement is observed after the third session.
- Enemas. Before the procedure, do the usual enema using chamomile decoction. Next, in 250 ml of water it is necessary to dissolve 2 tbsp. L. drink. The temperature of the liquid should be close to the temperature of the human body. Using a syringe, it is necessary to inject the solution into the anus. The frequency of the enema is 2 times a week.
The composition of poplar bark includes glycosides, essential oil, organic acids, tannins, carotene, flavonoids. These substances contribute to the good removal of sweat, the improvement of urination. With prostatitis, poplar bark is able to destroy microbes, remove bile and eliminate inflammation. Contraindications to its use are problems with feces and sensitivity to the composition.
Aspen bark can be used in the following ways:
- Broth. Take the dried bark in the amount of 100 g. Pour 1 liter of boiled water into a container with it. Simmer the mixture for a quarter of an hour. For reception before each meal, it is necessary to use 250 ml of broth.
- Tincture. Take dishes with a volume of more than 1 liter, put 200-250 g of dry raw materials. Then add 0. 5 liters of vodka or alcohol there. The infusion should last for 14 days. For admission, use 20 drops of the drug. They are consumed three times a day before meals.
- Extract. This poplar bark product must be purchased at the pharmacy. Helps strengthen the immune system, which is also beneficial for the prostate gland. You need to drink 15 drops before a meal.
Products for beekeeping
Among natural antibiotics, propolis is considered effective. Relieves inflammation, eliminates pain.
At home, candles are formed from propolis, which is injected into the rectum every day for a month. The course can be repeated after 8 weeks.
Inside the propolis tincture take 40 drops, taken in 1 glass of water. This procedure is repeated for 1. 5 months.
Rapid treatment of prostatitis at home
Several alternative treatments for prostatitis help eliminate it faster. These are not separate methods, but a combination of several methods at the same time.
The rapid healing scheme includes:
- Prostate massage. It must be performed daily. The index finger inserted into the anus is massaged into the prostate gland.
- Nutrition. A man should eat more seafood, nuts, legumes, chicken liver. You need to eat 30 pumpkin seeds a day.
- Hot bath. To take it, you need to use herbal decoctions with pharmaceutical chamomile. After the passage of an acute period, a low pressure contrast shower is recommended.
- Sport. The daily regimen of the day should include active walking. Several times a week it is necessary to perform a complex of 100-150 squats in 3-4 approaches.