Representatives of the stronger sex in adulthood often suffer from disorders of the genitourinary system. The reasons for the appearance of unpleasant symptoms are very diverse, so it can be dangerous to choose a medicine for prostatitis in men alone.
Diseases of an inflammatory nature require an integrated approach, as well as diagnostic studies to prescribe the correct therapy.
Prostatitis and its manifestations
One of the most common diseases in men is prostatitis, it occurs in almost every fifth representative of the stronger sex after 40 years. The disease brings numerous inconveniences and does not allow a man to live a full life. The disease manifests itself as a result of alcohol abuse, a sedentary lifestyle, malnutrition or promiscuous sexual activity.
The main manifestations of the disease are:
- Severe pulling pain in the lower abdomen.
- Interruption of the excretory system.
- Frequent need to urinate, especially at night.
- Unpleasant sensations or pain during intercourse.
- Erectile dysfunction or temporary impotence.
- Foreign matter in the urine (blood or pus).
Prostate problems appear suddenly or develop over a short period of time (most often within a week). Fearful of going to a specialist, many men look for a suitable prostatitis drug without doctor's advice. The pharmacy today offers a wide variety of drugs, and in most cases, a prescription is not required to sell them (except for antibiotics). When looking for the right medicine, it is necessary to remember that improper therapy or untimely seeking the help of a doctor can lead to a complication of the disease. As a result, prostate adenoma, cancer, infertility and impotence develop easily.
The main methods of treatment
Modern pharmacology offers a wide variety of drugs and medicines in the fight against prostatitis. All of them differ in composition, form of release and usage patterns. The specialist prescribes drugs for the treatment of chronic or acute stage prostatitis, after the patient has undergone a diagnostic examination. You will need to take a blood test, a urinalysis, undergo an ultrasound.
At the initial stage of the disease, when the causative agent of the inflammatory process has not been identified, broad-spectrum drugs are prescribed. After receiving the test results, the therapy is adapted and antibiotics are replaced with more highly specialized drugs.
What is the best medicine for prostatitis? A specialist will help you choose the drug, focusing on the type of ailment.
Some examples of common treatment regimens:
- Acute stage of infectious prostatitis (caused by E. coli, Klebsiella, enterococcus, pseudomonas). In this situation, an antibiotic from the group of cephalosporins or tetracyclines is prescribed. To relieve symptoms, pain relievers and local suppositories are used. Complex therapy lasts 2 weeks.
- Chronic form. Prescribed drugs in the form of suppositories or capsules for prostatitis according to a certain scheme. Antibiotics only with exacerbation of the disease, in the phase of remission only phytopreparations.
- Latent prostatitis. Antibacterial therapy is prescribed for 14 days, as well as suppositories for local action on the inflammatory process. If the disease does not cause discomfort, antispasmodics and analgesics will not be needed.
- Non-infectious prostatitis. Medicines to normalize the outflow of urine and antispasmodics to eliminate urethral spasms and edema. The pain syndrome is relieved by analgesics. The course of treatment is 14 days.
The effectiveness of treatment largely depends not only on which drugs to take for prostatitis, but also on the correctly selected treatment regimen and method of action. The complex is selected by a specialist, taking into account the need to affect the prostate gland and the inflammatory process in a certain way.
The main groups of drugs used by urologists in the treatment of prostatitis:
- Non-steroidal drugs.
- Pain relievers.
- Homeopathy and herbal remedies.
The doctor prescribes several types of pills at once or adds candles with the desired properties to the injections. It is the integrated approach (the use of drugs of different actions) that allows you to achieve a good result and effectively cope with the disease. Some medications will need to be taken until the symptoms disappear, others completely. It is necessary to strictly follow all the recommendations of the doctor and not to violate the established treatment regimen.
Any inflammatory process is suppressed in the body by antibiotics. Prostatitis caused by infection is no exception. The specialist, after receiving the results of the test, visual examination, palpation of the prostate and questioning the patient, prescribes a course of antibacterial agents.
A suitable group is selected according to the type of disturbance:
- Fluoroquinols.Used for the treatment of a disorder that has resulted in a chronic form, as well as in severe stages. These drugs are effective with few side effects. Quickly relieves inflammation and inhibits the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Tetracyclines.Used to treat the acute phase of the disease. The main contraindications to use are leukopenia, in addition to renal pathology, a possible manifestation of an allergic reaction.
- Penicillins.It can cause unwanted side effects such as sleepiness, dermatitis, lethargy, tinnitus and headache. Therefore, it is used with caution in people with chronic kidney and liver disease.
Modern drugs quickly begin to act on the problem area and allow you to cope with the inflammatory process in a few days. The urologist prescribes an antibiotic against prostatitis, taking into account the patient's state of health, the nature of the disease and age. The specialist takes into account the evaluation of proven good drugs, as well as the latest developments on the market.
Anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of prostatitis can quickly relieve pain in the groin, reduce inflammation and significantly alleviate the condition. Immediately after taking, after a few hours, the patient notices a decrease in pain, discomfort and normalization of urination. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs lower muscle tone in the groin area and thus improve well-being.
Many patients, noticing the changes for the better, neglect to take other medications that only aggravate the condition. It should be understood that such medicines are drunk in combination with antibiotics and other means.
Alpha-blockers for pain relief
Drugs belonging to this category are prescribed to relax muscles and to improve the urinary flow process. Such drugs are present in almost all treatment regimens, regardless of the form of the disease (acute phase, chronic phase). It should be remembered that the drugs themselves are no longer aimed at treatment, but only at blocking and removing the main unpleasant manifestations that do not allow a person to live normally.
Immunomodulators to support the body
In the acute phase or in the chronic form of prostatitis one cannot do without drugs that increase the body's defenses. Modulators have an effect on cellular and humoral immunity and contribute to the body's resistance to infections, increase the general tone and normalize many processes.
The drugs of this group of drugs are used in combination with other drugs and take effect already in the first hours after administration.
Homeopathy and herbal remedies
Herbal medicines or homeopathy are as popular as any other type of medicine. They are safe for the body and at the same time they are equally effective.
Medicines are offered in the form of suppositories or tablets. They are sold freely, without a prescription. Before taking it, it is important to read the instructions carefully and follow the recommended doses.
Prostatitis Medicine Module
All drugs presented in the pharmacy differ in their form of release. Not everyone knows what the peculiarity of choosing one or the other species is. It is more convenient to drink the tablets, but the injections act faster and allow a sufficient concentration of the active substance to reach the site of inflammation faster.
The following forms of drugs are most commonly prescribed by specialists:
- Injections.One of the best forms of treatment, although it is accompanied by quite unpleasant sensations during the injection. Any treatment regimen for prostatitis almost always begins with the appointment of injections.
- Rectal candles.Due to the local action, it is this form of the drug that can quickly relieve pain, relieve inflammation and activate blood flow. Suppositories against prostatitis can be with antibiotics, and also contain a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or anesthetic drug.
- Pills.The most comfortable form to use as it is accepted quickly. But through the stomach, drugs get worse into the bloodstream, and the effect may not be the same as other forms of drugs.
The method of treatment and the form of release of the drug by the doctor are selected based on the general condition of the patient, as well as the need for a certain effect. If the therapy was chosen incorrectly or the patient did not follow the established admission schedule, the treatment regimen, prostatitis flows into a chronic form. This form of the disease is more difficult to treat and can lead to serious consequences. Therefore, in case of problems with the prostate gland, one should not self-medicate, but immediately contact competent specialists who will take into account all the characteristics of the body and prescribe the correct treatment.