The diagnosis of prostatitis ranks first in modern medicine among the urological diseases of the male population. This is due to the infections and the patient's lifestyle. Treatment of diseases, especially chronic ones, is challenging.
Doctors and patients are looking for the best remedies to help achieve remission of the disease and relieve a man of symptoms that can significantly worsen his quality of life.
The idea that there is an ideal cure for prostatitis to help cope with the problem is wrong. Treatment of prostatitis is a complex of measures and procedures, as well as a list of drugs prescribed by a doctor, the action of which is aimed at combating inflammation of the prostate gland and its consequences.
What is treated at home and in the hospital
Prostatitis is treated by prescribing a complex therapy, each drug in which it has its own function. The list consists of antimicrobial, analgesic and antispasic drugs.
In some cases, the doctor will prescribe prostatitis medications in the form of alpha blockers and muscle relaxants. Immunostimulants in the form of rectal suppositories help the body mobilize to fight the infection that caused the inflammation. There are many medications that can be used to treat prostatitis.
It is easy to get confused in their variety on your own, it is better to entrust your choice to a specialist. It will help you find a fast and effective drug for prostatitis.
Peculiarities of treatment depending on the stage and form of the disease
Prostatitis is a disease that develops gradually. At first, a man's organ swells; over time, it can even change shape and significantly increase in size. Inflammation of the prostate gland can be caused by a bacterial infection or it can have non-bacterial causes.
The disease can be acute or chronic. With an inactive lifestyle, metabolic processes in the pelvic organs slow down, clogging of the tissues of the prostate with dead cells occurs, which causes an inflammatory process in it.
Acute inflammation of the prostate gland is very painful and dangerously presenting complications, so it is often treated in a hospital setting in medical institutions. Analgesics and antispasmodics are used to relieve pain.
Suppositories and microcliters of herbal decoctions help to cope with inflammation. The patient is prescribed physiotherapeutic procedures that promote blood flow and reduce the size of the tumor. What kind of prostatitis medicine should be taken by the patient, the attending physician will prescribe after studying the medical history.
Forms of drugs used for prostatitis, prescribed by a doctor:
- Medicines in tablet form are often broad spectrum antibiotics, which are antibacterial agents of the tetracyclines series. Drugs from the fluoroquinolone group can often be found in the prescription for prostatitis.
- The injections, administered intramuscularly, are designed to stimulate the activity of the prostate gland, strengthen the patient's blood vessels and strengthen general immunity.
- Suppositories are prescribed by a doctor to improve the metabolism in the patient's body, relieve inflammation and increase immunity. They are inserted into the anus as deeply as possible. After using them, doctors recommend lying down for half an hour.
- Installation is the injection of a drug directly into the desired place, this procedure is performed by a doctor through the external opening of the urethra. Before running it, you need to empty your bladder.
- Enemas from herbal decoctions, which are injected into the rectum while hot, are widely used in medicine for prostate adenoma. This enhances their effect. For the procedure it is sufficient to take half a glass of the prepared broth.
Prostate medicine of various pharmacological groups for men
Prostatitis in the modern world affects not only the elderly, but also men of reproductive age. If you find the symptoms of the disease, you should immediately consult a doctor.An effective drug for the prostate can only be prescribed by an experienced doctor, after studying the clinical picture and referring the patient to the necessary examinations.The sooner adequate therapy is prescribed, the greater the chances of avoiding complications of the disease, which manifest themselves in the form of inflammatory processes in the genitourinary organs.
Prostatitis left unattended can lead to kidney infections, impotence, infertility and prostate cancer.
The pharmacological groups of prostate drugs used for the treatment of patients are as follows:
- Antibiotics are prescribed to treat prostatitis with a bacterial infection. They are effective in acute and chronic forms of the disease. Antimicrobial drugs are used after passing individual sensitivity tests for pathogens. If no specific infections are detected, treatment is prescribed on the basis of the seeding of prostatic secretion. The duration of the course of therapy is usually several months. If there is no improvement in the first 2 weeks of treatment, a prostate replacement drug should be considered.
- Analgesics for prostatitis can be used in various forms. They can be taken as tablets, rectal suppositories and injections. They help relieve pain which can be very annoying for the patient. You should not prescribe an analgesic yourself, as you need to calculate its exact dose. This type of drug has a number of side effects that should be considered during treatment.
- Antispasmodics are used in the treatment of prostatitis to relieve the spasm of an enlarged and inflamed prostate gland that is compressing the urethra. This allows you to get rid of pain, and in addition, the effect of taking these funds lasts longer than with anesthesia with analgesics.
- Alpha-blockers are prescribed by a doctor for prostatitis, if it is necessary to improve dynamics, restore urine flow and reduce the consequences of prostatic hyperplasia. Medicines in this group are selective and non-selective. The use of selective alpha blockers is preferred. They can only be taken as directed by a doctor, as it is very important to determine the correct dosage of the drug for the prostate.
- Muscle relaxants are used to relieve pain by relaxing the muscles of the urethra. Medicines help normalize the urination process.
Phytopreparations for the treatment of prostatitis are a good prevention of complications, the most formidable of which is prostate cancer. Basically these are herbal infusions and decoctions that you can make yourself by purchasing the necessary ingredients at the pharmacy. There are also ready-made phytopreparations in the form of capsules or solution.
Immunomodulators in modern medical practice
In case of prostatitis, immunomodulators in the form of rectal suppositories are successfully used in the complex treatment of the disease. They act on the protective capacity of the cells and help eliminate imbalances in the immune system.
Drugs are prescribed in the event that the infectious nature of the disease is confirmed, and the course of antibiotic therapy did not give results in the treatment of the inflammatory process. Immunomodulators are prescribed so that the body can cope with the disease itself, using the mechanisms inherent in nature.
How to choose a good medicine for prostatitis
Research has shown that there are good prostatitis medications that can help you postpone or cancel surgery.
This is especially true if the disease is detected late and there are severe difficulties with urination.
In the case of severe complaints, if the residual urine volume exceeds 100ml or kidney stones are present, the doctor decides on the need for surgery. You can choose a good cure for prostatitis by clearly understanding how this or that drug affects the patient's body, after studying the history of their disease.
Every patient wants to choose a good prostatitis medicine from a wide range in the drug network. The difficulty lies in the fact that several drugs are used for treatment at once, the action of which should help cure the patient.
On special forums, doctors and patients share their experience in dealing with the disease, thus helping men find a good cure for prostatitis. Therapy for this disease can be long-term, so you should be responsible for taking medication and following the doctor's prescriptions.