Prostatitis (lat. Prostatitis) – inflammation (swelling) of the prostate tissue.
The name of the disease comes from the word "prostata" (the prostate) + "itis" (inflammation).
Prostate gland (prostate) is purely of the male organ, therefore, the disease of the prostate refers to a male of the disease. The prostate is a small glandular-muscular is an organ located in the pelvis below the bladder, and in a way that covers the initial division of the urethra (the urethra). When the prostate is inflamed, it has followed the urethra, which, by creating a human problem of urination, which is the main symptom of the presence in man of the prostatitis. Click the photo for example
The role of the prostate gland (prostate) – production special secret, which, mixing with the seminal fluid, supports the activity of sperm, as well as their resistance to unfavourable conditions.
According to statistics, in the moment (2015), prostatitis is sick almost half of the men of all the Earth, primarily, at the age of 20 to 50 years.
The symptoms of prostatitis
Prostatitis in men is accompanied by a series of symptoms. Hereafter, we consider the main of them, as well as those that occur with acute and chronic prostatitis.
The main symptoms of prostatitis:
- disorder of urination;
- pain in the abdomen, the scrotum, the perineum;
- a disorder of the sexual function (sexual dysfunction)
- problems with ejaculation;
- modification of the quantity and quality of the ejaculate (sperm).
The signs of prostatitis acute (Early signs of prostatitis):
- the increase in body temperature up to 39-40°c;
- chills, fever;
- the pain in the muscles and the back;
- the pain in the joints;
- a feeling of discomfort (excessive heat and swelling) in the area of the crotch;
- painful to touch the crotch;
- frequent urination, with frequent impulses;
- urination, burning sensation during urination;
- the turbidity of urine;
- blood in the urine;
Symptoms of chronic prostatitis
The chronic prostatitis is different from the long and resistant to the disease, and often clinical symptoms.
The symptoms of chronic prostatitis:
- the pain between the scrotum and the anus;
- the pain in the lower back;
- cystitis, particularly repetitive use of the cystitis.
The complications of prostatitis
If the symptoms of prostatitis for not paying enough attention and did not seek medical attention, the following complications may occur:
- the development of male infertility;
- vesiculitis (inflammation of seminal vesicles);
- epididymitis (inflammation of the testicles, and their appendages);
- the passing of the disease from an acute form of chronic;
- the narrowing and scarring of the urethra;
- obstruction of the bladder with a urinary retention, which requires surgical treatment;
- severe pain in the perineum;
- frequent cystitis;
- abscess (suppuration) of the prostate, which requires surgical intervention;
- pyelonephritis and other kidney damage;
The causes of prostatitis
Let us now consider the main causes of prostatitis.
- infections (sexually transmitted infections – chlamydia, herpes virus, trichomonas, Ureaplasma, mycoplasma, cytomegalovirus, the gonococcus, the fungus of the genus Candida (the appellant also lily of the valley), escherichia coli (Escherichia coli), enterococci and the other can hit the inside of the urethra and identified in the prostate tissue;
- the lack of exercise and a sedentary lifestyle;
- disorders of circulation and lymph in the pelvic organs;
- sexual abstinence prolonged, as well as coitus interruptus or artificial in the wake of the sexual act;
- stress: mental and physical overload;
- frequent cooling;
- the break in the functioning of the immune system;
- a deficiency of vitamins (beriberi), and trace elements;
- a hormonal imbalance;
- the violation of the ra status.
Types of prostatitis
According to the criteria of the American National Institute of health (NIH-USA) from 1995 there are four categories of prostatitis:
- Category I — prostatitis Acute;
- Category II — Chronic prostatitis-bacterial;
- Category III — Chronic prostatitis / syndrome of chronic pelvic pain (CP / CPPS):
- Category IIIa Chronic prostatitis / syndrome of chronic pelvic pain, with signs of inflammation;
- Category IIIb Chronic prostatitis / syndrome of chronic pelvic pain without signs of inflammation;
- Category IV — Asymptomatic (asymptomatic), the chronic prostatitis.
It is occasionally found also is not mentioned in the classification of chronic prostatitis granulomatous.
In turn, most of the professionals are distinguished:
Downstream of the disease:
- prostatitis acute;
- chronic prostatitis;
Depending on the causes of the disease:
- non-prostatitis bacterial
In most cases (especially in men under 40 years of age) mark the prostatitis bacterial.
On this basis, we distinguish:
- prostatitis acute bacterial;
- chronic prostatitis-bacterial;
- chronic abakterialniy prostatit.
The diagnosis of prostatitis
The diagnosis of prostatitis is determined by your doctor with the inspection staff. During the inspection:
- led by the digital rectal examination of the prostate;
- the making of a secret of the prostate;
- the analyses of blood and urine;
- come analyses on sexually transmitted infections;
- Ultrasonography (ULTRASOUND examination) or TRUS (the study transrectal ultrasound);
- flowmetry, monitoring the circadian rhythm of empty
- culture of urine and the secretions of the prostate with the definition of the sensitivity of the flora to the various antimicrobials;
- the prostate biopsy (if applicable).
When the diagnosis is important to ensure that symptoms are not caused by urethritis (inflammation of the urethra), or other diseases that can lead to an infection of the bladder or the kidneys.
Treatment of prostatitis
Treatment of prostatitis, you can start just after you determine the type and form of the disease, of which depends the success in treatment, because treatment methods differ.
The sick prostatitis, acute with a severe intoxication, fever, bad general condition, in need of emergency hospitalization and intravenous administration of antibiotics. Cases of prostatitis acute can be treated and outpatient.
The treatment of prostatitis occurs one of the following ways:
Antibiotics. Antibiotics are given during bacterial (infection) prostatitis. If the cause of the disease are not bacteria and viruses, antibiotic treatment will not give result. At the same time, antibiotics can cure almost all acute infections. The choice of antibiotics for the prostatitis acute should be based on the results of the determination of the type of micro-organism that caused the infection and the antibiotic sensitivity.
To relieve the chronic pain in the perineal and pelvic prescribing of alpha-blockers and muscle relaxants.
Alpha-blockers and anti-spasmodics also relax the muscles of the prostate and bladder, which helps to improve urine flow and reduce symptoms.
To remove the protector of the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor, to reduce the compression of prostate inflammation, as well as the reduction of pain may affect the muscular-relaxation of the tool.
Heavy patients affected by intravenous fluids, and allocation of diuretic, which causes an abundant secretion of urine, and as a consequence profilaktirujut the toxicity of the body, as well as the development of ascending urinary tract infection (cystitis, pyelonephritis).
For the relief of symptoms of non-bacterial prostatitis, prescribed analgesic, antipyretic and anticholinergic drugs.
If constipation is recommended to use stool softeners type of special transmission oil.
If the treatment of prostatitis-bacterial acute-symptoms have completely, the duration of treatment should be carried out before the end, because symptoms may disappear before the complete disappearance of the infection of the body, and if the processing of the stop, prostatitis, acute bacterial can become chronic.
The result is assigned to a maintenance treatment.
Supportive therapy when the prostatitis includes:
- bed rest;
- drink plenty of fluids (at least 8 glasses of water per day);
- to sitz baths warm;
- seat flexible as required.
The massage of the prostate gland (prostate). When the chronic prostatitis is system a regular massage of the prostate, which is the most effective means of prostatitis.
The plan. Some patients in the treatment of prostatitis is attributed to a diet: to exclude spicy foods and fatty, acidic drinks and caffeine.
Beneficial in the treatment of prostatitis affects regular and ejaculation, which can facilitate the drainage of secretions from the prostate.
Patients with urinary retention shows an overlay temporary fistula small this or periodic catheterization of the urinary bladder.
During the treatment of prostatitis should refrain from cycling, the frequent sitting on the solid surfaces, and hypothermia.
The surgical treatment of prostatitis is assigned only in the case where the processing of medicinal drugs and efforts have not yielded the expected results, as well as in the case where the prostate blocks the flow of urine. In addition, the surgical intervention in this case, is not attributed to young people, because it can lead a man to infertility.
The surgery allocates the means of the treatment of prostatitis:
Transurethral resection of the prostate – removal of all infected tissue.
Prostatectomy — an operation to remove the prostate, the tissues, including the seminal vesicles. This operation can lead to impotence and incontinence of the patient.
Treatment of prostatitis cures
Treatment of prostatitis at home remedies gives an opportunity to the patient not to go to the doctor, but this is not always justified, in effect, if the cause of prostate inflammation is an infection of the heal yourself is unlikely to occur. However, grandparents have come up to us " the remedies of the prostatitis:
The seeds of pumpkin (the seeds). White seeds in the prostatitis has been used in the ancient times, when the word "medic" replaced "charlatan". Pumpkin seeds have lots of zinc, which is necessary to any man for the maintenance of health, a man's urinary system. For the treatment, you will need just before the meal, in the night to eat 30 seeds.
You can also use in the following manner: 500 g of roasted white seeds cleaned from the shell and turn into a meat grinder. Add 200 g of honey and mix well. Made from the tool balls the size of a walnut. The data of balls, you have to take 1 piece 30 minutes before a meal, the dissolution 2-3 minutes, 1 to 2 times per day. Store the necessary tool in the refrigerator, but at the reception, a half-hour out of the fridge so they are at room temperature.
Hazel (hazel). 1 tablespoon of leaves or the bark of hazel, boil a cup of boiling water (close to the glass 30 minutes a tight-fitting lid). After which, the tool to filter and take ¼ cup 4 aza in the day. Stir, you can turn, then the bark, the leaves. During 1 to 2 weeks.
Aspen. In the second half of the month of April, when the aspen are going sokodvizhenie, before the beginning of the flowering of the kidneys and the leaves of the tree, gather the bark, the thickness of 3-5 mm Depending on the bark dried in the oven or in the shade. After drying, the request information, take 100 g of bark, a little of his mash, and put in half a quarter. Bark pour 200 g of vodka, but for coating shredded bark. Close the lid of the jar and put it to infuse in a dark place for 2 weeks. Following the tool strain and take before meals 3 times a day, dilute 20 drops of tincture in ¼ cup of water.
The chestnut. The chestnut, as their shells not only excels in the prostatitis, but to an adenoma of the prostate. For the cooking of the healing tools use the shell with spines, which should infuse and drink tea instead. Also this broth may be microclystères 250 ml 2 times a week.
To prepare the way of the chestnut tree, the cleaning of the skin, to a time where the chestnut is already a brown color. The bark of a grind. 3 tablespoons of zest filling 600 g of boiling water for a night. Then, strain the tool and Right up to 200 g in a water bath. Consume of this tool should be on an empty stomach, 3 times per day 30 drops. The course of treatment – up to reach a tool. Then, you need to do 2 months of pause, and resume the course. Only do 3 courses of treatment.
The propolis (glue). Propolis use for the treatment of chronic prostatitis, because the bee product is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic means. It can also be used in an integrated manner with the drug treatment of prostatitis.
For the cooking means 20 g of propolis evaporate in 200 ml of alcohol. After that, 0.1 g received funds, mix with 2 g of cocoa butter. Tool to check the spark plug, which insert on the night in the rectum. The course of treatment – 1 month, then a break of 4 to 6 weeks and the course is repeated.
The candles of the dough. For the preparation of the candles of prostatitis, of the dough, it should be in 3 tablespoons of rye flour add a teaspoon of honey and eggs. Mix everything and make this test strands, not more than 1 cm in diameter. Shaped candles freeze in the freezer. Frozen candles to insert in the anus in the morning and evening, preferably after bowel movements. The rate of treatment is 4 weeks, a week break and another 4 weeks.
The persil. The persil is a therapeutic herb, enriched with a large number of vitamins and minerals, relieves inflammation of the prostate and restores the sexual function of the body.
For the treatment of prostatitis, the persil, the need for its juice, take 1 tablespoon 3 times per day, half an hour before meals. For these purposes, you can apply and seeds of persil, who have a need to grind into powder. 4. tablespoon of powder pour 1 cup of boiling water and place the tool to be boiled for 15 minutes, then let cool. Take a decoction need 1 tablespoon 4-6 times a day.
The celandine and hemlock (hemlock – poisonous grass). On one half of a tablespoon of each of the herbs, pour 100 g of alcohol. The tool allow to rest in a dark place for 10 days. The infusion and drink every morning for half an hour before meals. To do this, in the glass with the water on the first day, add 1 drop of the tincture, at the second day of 2 drops, 3y – 3, and so up to 30 days (drops). Continue to count in the reverse order of the reduction. Full course of 60 days.
The juice of asparagus. For the treatment of prostatitis excellent juice to asparagus with beet, carrot and cucumber fruit juice. For a result, on the day you should drink at least 600 ml of juice.
The experts also emphasize that if the juice of the asparagus is very unpleasant and you can not drink, do not force yourself and refrain from this tool.
The juice of elderberries. After sleep, drink a glass of water. Then, after about 15 minutes, drink 1 tablespoon of elderberry juice. Drink the tool before you eat. A Minimum treatment of 10 days. A secondary effect can become an increase in the temperature of the body, which will testify on the launch of a healing process of the prostatitis.
The prevention of prostatitis
To prevent the development of prostatitis, you must follow the recommendations of the experts:
- refrain from disorder of the sexual life;
- refuse the alcoholic beverages, tobacco and narcotics;
- consume foods that are rich in vitamins, as well as avoid junk food;
- support the immune system at an appropriate level;
- prevent hypothermia of the body;
- do sports or physiotherapy;
- do not tighten the sexual act;
- avoid long over-excitement without the ending of the ejaculation.