Prostatitis is a male disease that not only causes discomfort in daily and intimate life, but also brings painful sensations that can manifest themselves in varying degrees of severity. In most clinical cases, treatment is carried out by conservative methods, much less often, when it turns into a tumor, surgery can be prescribed. One of the main conditions for the success of therapy is an integrated approach to patient recovery. Treatment should be based not only on taking medications, but also on proper nutrition, including exercise in the daily regimen - it is the latter that will be discussed in the presented article.
Characteristics of the prostate gland
The prostate gland is the main organ in the male body responsible for reproductive functions. The prostate is located in the genitourinary system, the main task of this organ is to ensure the normal process of secretion of a transparent color, this substance is released when a man is in an excited state.
Why does the prostate activate secretion? This substance ensures the maintenance of the normal functioning of the organs of the reproductive system, acts as a protective barrier, is a natural and natural lubricant, supplies nutrients to the sperm and significantly increases the level of their mobility.
In addition, the prostate gland controls the work of the urinary system. The prostate contains smooth muscles that control filling and emptying of the bladder.
Experts say that the anatomy of the male body provides for the mandatory functioning of the prostate. Otherwise, serious violations may occur, dangerous pathologies will arise. It is important to ensure the proper functioning of the prostate, special sports exercises will be of great help not only during the recovery period, but also as preventive measures.
With prostatitis, an inflammatory process is diagnosed, as a result of which, through the urethral canal, pathogenic microorganisms, infectious agents of a variable nature, representatives of the bacterial flora can enter the internal environment of the body.
How correctly, with inflammation of the prostate gland, a man experiences the following symptoms:
- Pain, of various kinds;
- Discomfort when urinating, pain, cuts, burning sensations may occur;
- Unusual discharge with urine (mucus impurities, blood streaks);
- Urine changes color, becomes cloudy;
- There is discomfort during intercourse, pain, unpleasant sensations of "stiffness";
- Erection problems are diagnosed, in advanced cases it is completely absent;
- Disorders of the ejaculation process;
- Hormonal imbalance.
The listed symptoms can greatly disturb the previously habitual lifestyle. Men feel uncomfortable during intercourse, their "masculine" functions are significantly reduced. The imbalance of hormones makes itself felt in the form of external manifestations:
- In a man, the mammary glands can enlarge significantly;
- The abdomen becomes more rounded;
- Some people notice a lack of sexual desire.
If symptoms are not noticed in time, the disease can develop into an advanced stage, which involves the formation of a benign or malignant tumor. Today, there are many methods for the early diagnosis of prostatitis, which allows to eliminate the causes of the pathology even before the onset of the main symptoms of the disease.
Competent treatment can prevent relapses and completely restore the functioning of the prostate gland.
Benefits of Exercise for Prostatitis
In case of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland, high-quality effective therapy should include a whole range of therapeutic measures aimed at achieving a quick and lasting result. As a rule, doctors do not only deal with drugs, but also prescribe physiotherapy procedures, therapeutic massage, nutritional corrections, and also advise to do regular exercises, which is beneficial for the prostate.
Gymnastics for the prostate gland is always shown during the rehabilitation period. Exercise is also useful as a prophylaxis, as it helps prevent the development of pathologies of the genitourinary system, keep the prostate in good shape and preserve its natural functions.
What are the benefits of exercise for prostatitis? The following advantages can be highlighted:
- With regular exercise, the muscle tone of the lower limbs, abdominals and gluteal area is significantly strengthened;
- There is a stimulation of the muscle tissue in the perineal region;
- Blood flow in the small pelvis is normalized;
- Has a beneficial effect on the joints of the hip region;
- The functioning of the nervous system is supported.
Doctors advise to exercise as often as possible, not to skip training days. Effectiveness depends entirely on how often the patient is involved, how much effort he puts into the process.
However, you shouldn't burden yourself with excessive activity. The exercises performed should not cause painful sensations and discomfort to the patient, only a slight tension is possible, which indicates the effectiveness of the training.
To begin a course of exercises to improve the condition of the prostate gland, it is necessary to clearly understand the physiology of the body, to know exactly where this organ is located. There are two main ways to understand where the prostate is:
- The prostate gland makes itself felt in the space between the anus and the scrotum. The patient should place his finger two centimeters from the anus and perform a pressure movement, during such manipulations a round base should be felt, which is the prostate. To facilitate the search for the gland, doctors recommend using this method during intercourse, since at this time it contains a lot of secretory fluid and is pronounced.
- The second method is called "rectal". A finger about 6 centimeters long is inserted into the anus and the walls of the rectum are probed until a round bulge is found, which is the prostate gland.
The course of exercises should be prescribed by the attending physician, who determines the patient's condition. Classes are not performed during acute periods when a man suffers from severe pain or severe discomfort in the perineum and anal area.
Courses for chronic prostatitis
Chronic prostatitis is particularly difficult for both doctors and patients. The disease is in an advanced stage, which has gone into the news. Sometimes it proceeds mainly without pronounced symptoms, during the period of exacerbation, pain, discomfort during intercourse, impaired urination and unusual discharge.
A special set of physical exercises will help alleviate the patient's condition, restore the functionality of the prostate gland.
Exercise number 1
The patient must assume a "lying" position on the back, the arms must be extended along the whole body. The patient should lean lightly on his feet and begin to bend his knees, it is important to do this very carefully, slowly and smoothly. The legs should be pulled towards you and at the same time the knees should be spread to the side. Return to original position. The exercise is repeated 12 to 16 times.
Exercise number 2
A man needs to lie on his back on a hard surface, with his arms stretched out over his body. He bends his legs in the knee area, put his feet together. Then it is necessary to widen the knees to the maximum, perform the movement smoothly and slowly. He returns the lower limbs to their original position, trying to force them to the maximum. As a final action, you need to firmly press your knees together, wait 10 seconds. The exercise is repeated 14-20 times.
Exercise number 3
The patient should lie on his stomach and stretch his arms along the whole body. The right leg bends at the knee, rises upward in slow motion, and also slowly descends downward. You should not raise your leg as high as possible, you need to monitor the quality of the execution. Repeat the exercise 10 times on each leg.
Exercise number 4
The patient should stand up and spread the legs shoulder-width apart. Slow (not fully) squats are performed, while the arms are extended forward. When the patient returns to the starting position, the legs are not extended. The most important thing is to do squats with a small amplitude. It must be repeated 6-8 times.
Exercise for congestive prostatitis
With congestive prostatitis, the doctor prescribes a specialized set of exercises.
Exercise number 1
This exercise is called "glute walking" and must be performed on the floor while sitting. The hips rise in turn, the movement is performed in such a way that the performer advances. Particular attention should be paid to the technique of execution - it must be competent and smooth, there is no need to rush.
Exercise number 2
You will need a ball to complete this exercise. The lesson can be performed in two positions (lying, standing). The bottom line is that the ball is squeezed between the thighs and held for as long as possible. This exercise has a beneficial effect on the condition of the prostate gland, significantly improving blood circulation to this organ.
Exercise number 3
The essence of the exercise lies in the fact that it is necessary to tighten the lower limbs by weight. The patient should sit on the floor, slightly tilt the body backwards. The legs are stretched straight, the hands should be on the floor with strong support. You need to raise your feet 20 cm, pull your legs to your chest, bending them at the knees. It is recommended to repeat the exercise 20-25 times.
Exercise number 4
You should lie on your back, stretch your legs forward. The man should begin to spread smoothly and bring the limbs of the feet. It is important to start with smooth movements and move to an accelerated pace. The exercise should be done for one minute.
Exercise number 5
This exercise is called jumping. When you do this, you need to raise the kneecaps to the maximum. When jumping, the knees should be placed on the chest damage. About 15 jumps are performed in one approach, 3 approaches are recommended.
Unfortunately, only a small percentage of patients pay enough attention to the prevention of prostatitis. An important role is played by high-quality rehabilitation after an acute period.
Doctors recommend including a course of physiotherapy in the treatment, trying to get rid of bad habits, preferring proper nutrition and engaging in effective exercise.
The most effective exercises for the prevention of prostatitis are:
- Exercise is useful not only for the prostate gland, but also for the normalization of the functioning of the rectum. The patient should stand on the kneecaps, bring the feet back and spread the heels. It is necessary to try to keep the knees in a reduced position for as long as possible, move to a sitting position on the feet, put the palms of the hands on the knee area. In this position, the man has to squeeze the anal sphincter muscles for 10 seconds, then relax them. Do 20-30 repetitions.
- The condition for the next session is an empty stomach. A man must assume a "standing" position, lean forward 45 degrees, place the palms of the hands with emphasis on the knees. With a deep breath, he draws in the abdominal muscles. It is recommended to maintain this position until a feeling of slight discomfort arises. Finally, he slowly exhales and relaxes the muscles.
- The patient approaches the wall, the right leg is bent at the knee, the foot must rest against the wall. Then it is necessary to begin to slowly bend the left leg, at this time the squat is performed. This exercise is an effective stretch of the inner thigh muscles, which has a beneficial effect on the activity of the prostate gland. It is recommended to repeat it 10 times.
- The patient is lying on the floor, trying to raise the knees, while the lower limbs are parallel to the floor. Then the man performs the well-known "bicycle" exercise, with the feet pointing upwards. It is recommended to repeat the exercise 15 times.
Recommendations of doctors
In order for exercise courses to be of maximum benefit, you need to follow the recommendations of your doctor. It is important to pay due attention to the technique of execution and to comply with all conditions. During the appointment of classes, the patient should not experience a pronounced pain syndrome, the state of health should be satisfactory.
Useful tips from competent professionals:
- If you started doing an exercise, you need to finish it to the end. It is not recommended to abruptly stop the lesson, move on to others. The imposed load must necessarily be uniform in order to have a beneficial effect on the blood circulation process.
- How to understand that the exercise is done correctly and achieve the desired effect? Doctors say that with proper performance at the end of classes, there is a feeling of warmth in the pelvic area.
- When performing absolutely any exercises for prostatitis, an additional plus will be frequent squeezing / opening of the muscles of the anus - such an addition will help to quickly eliminate congestion, improve the condition of the prostate gland.
- Before starting physical therapy for the prostate, it is recommended that you take some time to warm up, which will help warm up your body and muscles before an effective workout.
It is worth noting that not everyone is shown therapeutic exercises for prostate diseases. Doctors say the prostate gland is a vital but extremely vulnerable organ.
That is why there are contraindications to exercise:
- The post-surgery period (up to 6 months);
- Acute period of existing pathologies of internal organs;
- The presence of fever and fever, low-grade fever (up to 38, 5 degrees);
- Postponed stroke, heart attack;
- The presence of viral and infectious diseases;
- Diagnosis of aortic aneurysm;
- The presence of an inguinal hernia;
- abdominal hernia;
- intervertebral hernia;
- High blood pressure
- Exacerbated prostatitis.
Doctors urge patients not to ignore existing contraindications. Otherwise, undesirable, sometimes life-threatening consequences may develop for the patient. All exercises should be performed carefully, paying attention to the state of your body.
- The first review: "Prostatitis gave me a lot of problems, which became complex. After drug treatment, I was prescribed a course of physiotherapy and physiotherapy exercises. At first, I performed all classes under the supervision of a doctor who corrected my technique. I have been training at home for two months now and I feel positive results. It has become much easier for me, the pains have disappeared, the congestions have been eliminated ".
- Second review: "Despite my young age, I was faced with a diagnosis of prostatitis. Fortunately, timely access to a doctor and modern diagnostic methods prevented the development of chronic prostatitis, the exercises I did every day are become of great help. the selected course of study will allow not only to alleviate the condition, but also to restore normal functioning of the prostate gland. "
- Third review: "Prostatitis completely disturbed the hormonal balance and intimate life. The doctor advised me to start practicing according to the scheme, which he described in detail for me. Three months later I had the same erection, I got myself freed of congestion, the pain is gone. I still do exercises in prevention. "