The main principle of prostatitis treatment is an integrated approach. Not the last place in therapy is occupied by physical activity - special exercises that will help accelerate the onset of recovery. But they must be carried out correctly, according to the technique, and only after consulting the attending physician.
To completely get rid of diseases of the genitourinary system, a man needs complex treatment, which includes a number of measures. This includes physical exercises, of which a lot is being developed at the moment.
How does exercise affect the course of prostatitis?
The prostate gland consists of 3 lobes, between which there is a space for the urethra. Each lobe contains vesicular fiber and cortex, and the prostate is located under the bladder (sphincter). The whole system is tightly interconnected, thanks to which it works normally.
When the prostate is affected (there are many reasons, including a sedentary lifestyle, static postures), the fiber loses its elasticity, the tone decreases and the blood circulation is interrupted. Therefore, the blood is not supplied with the intensity with which it is needed and in small quantities. This deprives the genitals of nutrients. As a result, the synthesis of new cells slows down, the local metabolism weakens.
When the patient begins to lead an active lifestyle (doing special exercises for the pelvic organs), the following happens:
- The blood supply to the genitourinary system is stimulated, against the background of which oxygen and other useful substances are fed.
- The functional capacity of nerve cells is restored (prostatitis often occurs against a background of stress).
- Stagnation in the prostate is eliminated.
- The muscles of the perineum and hip joints are strengthened, thanks to which the genitourinary organs are located in the correct anatomical position.
- The metabolism is accelerated, the fiber structure is normalized.
- Fabrics become more flexible.
- The inflammatory process is reduced.
The effectiveness of physical activity for prostatitis has been proven by scientific research. The reason for this was the main cause of the disease - congestion of the prostate due to an impaired blood supply.
Exercises for the treatment of chronic prostatitis
Gymnastic exercises for chronic prostatitis are aimed at stimulating the prostate gland and increasing power. Basic requirements for exercise:
- run on a hard surface;
- put a roller or a small pillow under the head;
- avoid sudden movements;
- initially the load is minimal, but with a gradual increase.
Consider 4 basic exercises for chronic prostatitis:
- Get into a supine position. Place your hands along your body, palms facing down. As you exhale, gently bend your knees and stretch them towards your chest. Then, spread your legs to the sides as much as possible. While inhaling, return to the starting position. Run 15-20 times.
- The starting position is the same. Bend your legs at the knee, press your feet firmly to the floor. We begin to spread the legs to the sides, without lifting the heels from the surface. Hold the position for a few seconds and return to the starting position. The number is 15-20 repetitions for 10 approaches. Pause - 20 seconds.
- Lie on your stomach. Hands along the body. We begin to bend the right leg at the knee. After that, lift gently. Get back into position by straightening your leg. Repeat the same with the left limb. Run 12 times on each side.
- Standing position. Put your feet shoulder-width apart. Hands on the waist. Do short squats. Finally, stop for 2-3 seconds. Return to the starting position without completing the approach, i. e. keep the legs slightly bent. Quantity - 12 times.
Exercise for congestive prostatitis
The main goal of these gymnastic activities is to improve blood flow and increase immunity in the prostate gland. The main rules when performing exercises:
- the appearance of a warm tide in the pelvic area;
- do not stop exercising;
- exclusion of sudden movements;
- try to fully stretch and relax the muscles of the pelvis and anus.
Basic exercises for congestive prostatitis:
- "Walking" on the buttocks.Sit on the floor, straighten your back. Legs straight. We start the movement with the hips, moving the buttocks forward. Try not to help with your hands.
- Tighten the ball with your hips.There are two ways to do this: standing or sitting. Put a ball between your thighs. It is necessary to alternately squeeze and unblock the muscles in the anal area. Exercise improves blood circulation. It is recommended to do gymnastics at different speeds: fast and slow. Quantity - 20 times.
- Pulling up the legs.Take a sitting position on the floor. Put an exercise mat under your buttocks. Lean your body back slightly. Fix the position with your hands. We begin to gradually raise the straightened legs from the surface, reaching 15 cm, after which it is necessary to bend them at the knees and reach the chest. Repeat 10-20 times. This exercise is considered difficult for overweight people. Therefore, the repetitions can be divided into 3 sets.
- Active foot movements.Starting position: lying on your back. Straighten your legs, heels and toes together. Keep your hands along the body. Begin to gradually raise and lower your feet. After that, the pace must be accelerated. The number of movements is 20 times.
- jump.Do 10 rebounds. At the same time, it is recommended to bend the knees and try to stretch them up to the chest. Repeat after 1 minute of pause 3 more times.
- Run in place.The main thing here is to raise the legs as high as possible (at chest level). The time is 2-3 minutes.
- Scissors.Sit on the floor with your torso leaning slightly back. Raise your feet 10cm off the floor. Swing limbs 20 times.
- A bicycle. Lie on the floor. Hands under the lower back. Raise your legs and bend your knees slightly. Start simulating pedaling. The time is 4-5 minutes.
- Boat.Lie on your stomach, raise your arms and legs. For the best effect, start rocking gently back and forth.
- Slopes.Get straight. On the exhale, he lowers his body as far as possible, trying to touch the floor with his fingers. In this position, hold for about 10 seconds. Repeat several times.
Exercises for sedentary patients
A sedentary lifestyle leads to chronic prostatitis. To prevent this from happening, it is necessary to perform daily a number of exercises that can be performed in the workplace:
- Sit in a chair. Join your hands and place them on your stomach (below the navel). Take a deep breath and press with your hands. It is necessary to repeat the exercise until a feeling of heat appears in the groin area.
- Tighten and relax the muscles in the anal area. In this case, you can slightly move your hips in a circle.
- Respiratory exercise. As you inhale, you should hold your breath. It is recommended to use not only the chest, but also the abdomen. Repeat 10 times.
Another type of physical therapy is Kegel exercises. They are aimed at:
- strengthen the muscles of the pelvis;
- reduction of pain syndrome;
- normalization of erection and increase in the duration of intercourse;
- improved blood flow.
Types of exercises:
- Delayed urination. In this case, it is necessary to strain the buttocks as much as possible, then relax and continue the process. You have to do this 2-3 times in one trip to the bathroom.
- By holding your breath for 15 seconds, you contract your gluteal muscles. Relax as you exhale. Run several times.
- Feet shoulder-width apart. Begin to squeeze your buttocks slightly, then gradually increase strength.
The main thing to achieve the effect is to exercise in the morning, when the penis is in a state of erection. Also, try to spend more time walking outdoors, swimming, jogging, and cycling.
Some people are skeptical of this type of spiritual practice. But the mistake is that yoga is not just meditation, it has special postures that require certain skills and physical training. Correctly performed positions have a beneficial effect on treatment (relieve inflammation, provide tissues with useful substances, improve blood circulation and the erection process).
Let's see some simple exercises:
- Lotus position. Sitting on the floor. Place the right foot under the lower left thigh and the left leg under the right. In this position, you should sit for about 15-20 minutes. If you want to complicate the exercise a little, the feet should be placed on the upper thighs. Immerse yourself in the pose for 5-10 minutes.
- Sitting on the floor. Take one of the legs in your hands (from the ankle or heel), start lifting the leg, helping with your hands, up to the face. Try throwing your leg back over your head. Eliminate sudden movements. If you feel pain, stop exercising and choose another exercise.
- Take a horizontal position on your back. Place your hands on the surface. Raise your slightly bent legs and move them behind your head until your toes touch the floor. Finally, linger for 10-15 seconds.
- Lie on your stomach. Lock your hands behind your head. Start lifting your body. Stop at the point for 10 seconds. Return to the starting position. Repeat several times.
- The starting position is the same. Wrap your arms around your ankles. Raise your body and legs. Keep your arms and back straight. You should also squeeze your buttocks. Soak for 10 seconds. As you inhale, return to the starting position. Rest time - 1 minute.
All movements are performed smoothly. Take your time to exercise as soon as possible. Relaxation exercises should be done before each workout.
In this gymnastics, most of the load falls on the pelvis. Exercise should be done 4-5 times a week in the morning or at bedtime.
- Sit in the lotus position. Straighten your back, don't throw your head back. Put your hands on your knees. Make circular movements with the body using the pelvis. Make 10 circles clockwise and 10 circles counterclockwise. This exercise restores urination, relieves pain thresholds and strengthens the internal organs of the pelvis. Watch your breathing.
- Stand up straight. Put your feet shoulder-width apart, hands on your waist. Perform 15 circular movements with the pelvis in one direction and the same amount in the other. This exercise improves blood circulation and restores erection.
- The starting position is the same. Place both hands (palms) on the left knee. Begin to slowly lift the limb, pressing lightly with your hands. Reach for the chest and set aside. Try to keep your balance. Stop at the end point for 10 seconds. Then return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise with the other leg. Number: 5 lifts for each lower limb. Rest time - 1 minute. When exercising, focus all the tension on the pelvis.
- Starting position: sitting on the floor. Bend your knees and pull them to the side. Press your feet together. The heels should touch the groin. Keep your hands at waist level. Perform gentle knee lifts. It should resemble the flapping of the wings. Watch your rhythm and breathing, rule out sudden movements. Gymnastics is performed every day. Helps strengthen groin and urinary system, tone pelvic muscles, relieve pain.
Comprehensive therapeutic gymnastics involves the implementation of a variety of activities.
Walk and run
Running and walking have worked well for prostatitis:
- A moderate walk with a gradual increase in pace. Warm up initially. Walk 100 meters at a steady pace, then increase your speed. The maximum distance does not exceed 3 kilometers.
- Walk 50 meters at your normal pace, then run another 250 meters. After that, change the run to a walk and repeat the same for another 2-3 kilometers.
- Jogging with acceleration. Run for 200 meters, then increase your speed and travel the same distance. Then go back to the original rhythm. The distance is 2-2. 5 km.
Therapeutic gymnastics in the gym
When training with the help of simulators or sports equipment, do not use heavy loads. Use light accessories. The following activities are suitable for the treatment of prostatitis:
- relaxing warm-up;
- shallow barbell squats - 10 times in 3 sets;
- lunges forward with weights - 12 times for each lower limb;
- lifting the bust on the "Roman bench" - 15 times;
- flexion-extension of the legs with a platform.
Try to pay attention to machines that use legs.
Exercise to prevent prostatitis
The complex of preventive gymnastics can be performed not only at the initial stage of the disease, but also at the time of progression:
- Get on your knees and spread them out. Feet together. Sit on your heels with your buttocks. Put your hands on your legs and straighten your back. Start squeezing the muscles of the anus for 5 seconds, then relax for the same amount of time. If you feel uncomfortable, the exercise is done correctly.
- Standing position. As you exhale, lower your body. Hold for 3-5 seconds, then do a deep squat. Returning to the starting position, do the opposite (first straighten your legs, then lift your body). The number of lowering and raising is 15 times.
- Stand with your back against the wall. With your knee bent, place your feet on a vertical surface. Staying in this position, do a squat (not deep). Repeat with the other leg. Quantity - 10-15 times.
- Grab a chair or any sublime object. Place both feet and do deep lunges forward. Change the limb and repeat the exercise. Do it 20 times.
- Get a tight ball (football or basketball will do). Sit on it and perform circular rotations with your pelvis. For balance, you can hold the equipment with your hands.
- Lie on the floor. Hands behind your head. Do a core lift with your right elbow reaching your left knee and vice versa. Maintain a moderate pace.
Before performing any kind of exercise, you should remember the contraindications for which therapeutic exercises are prohibited. These include:
- increase in body temperature;
- infectious and inflammatory processes;
- high blood pressure;
- the rehabilitation period after operations;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- stroke and heart attack.
In addition to these contraindications, there are conditions during which the patient must be wary of any type of exercise. You should also rule out larger loads.
- hernia (groin, vertebral or white line of the abdomen);
- exacerbation of prostatitis;
- malignant formations.
In case of deterioration of the general condition, the appearance of pain, dizziness or other symptoms of malaise, it is necessary to immediately stop exercising and consult a specialist. It is also necessary to remember that abstinence or, conversely, promiscuous relationships are harmful to health.
Correctly performing exercises for prostatitis, you will provide the organ with normal blood circulation, as a result of which the symptoms will not only decrease, but recovery processes will also begin to occur. Don't forget to consult your urologist before starting classes.