Forgetting prostatitis forever is the dream of most men suffering from this very unpleasant disease. Many do not want publicity of their intimate problems and seek salvation in widely publicized drugs or grandmother's recipes. But at the same time, they forget that only a qualified specialist will be able to correctly assess the problem and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Briefly about prostatitis
Important!Only the correct treatment started on time will help cure prostatitis forever.
Prostatitis is the process of inflammation of the prostate gland. According to the symptoms and the clinic of the disease, acute and chronic forms are distinguished. And by the nature of the event - types of infectious (bacterial) and non-infectious pathology.
Various infections cause bacterial prostatitis of both forms. Most often these are bacteria belonging to the intestinal group.
For the development of the disease, the mere presence of pathogenic organisms is not enough. There must be favorable conditions for their reproduction.
They are created by the following factors:
- hypothermia of the body;
- frequent sitting;
- irregular sex life;
- not very dynamic lifestyle;
- chronic inflammatory diseases;
- venereal and urological diseases;
- weakened immunity.
These factors contribute to the entry of microorganisms into the prostate, disrupt the blood supply to the organs of the pelvic region, provoke stagnant processes in the gland. All this is an ideal environment for the development and reproduction of pathogenic flora.
Inflammation of the prostate gland can manifest itself acutely, with characteristic symptoms and clinical symptoms, such as pain in the lower abdomen and groin, fever, painful urination.
However, prostatitis occurs much more often as a chronic disease with no pronounced or asymptomatic symptoms. The condition is characterized by periods of exacerbation and remission. The disease can be diagnosed by breakthrough pain when urinating, sometimes there is a discharge from the urethra, problems with erection appear.
The acute form of inflammation of the prostate gland is treated quickly and successfully with antibiotic drugs. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get rid of chronic prostatitis forever. In this case, therapy is reduced to achieving the longest possible remission periods. With proper treatment, they can be up to 5 years old.
Complete prostate care: myth or reality
Inflammation in the prostate gland over time leads to the replacement of the organ's glandular tissue with connective tissue, contributing to its compaction. Fibrosis is formed. The prostate loses its functions, compresses the urinary canal.
All this causes a disruption in the functioning of the organs of the genitourinary system, a deterioration of blood circulation in them and causes pain. Often the dense structure of the diseased gland prevents the penetration of antibacterial agents into it, which interferes with full recovery. But there is a solution to the problem.
The possibilities of traditional medicine
Comprehensive treatment is the key to success
Treatment of prostatitis is aimed at suppressing inflammation and eliminating the causes that caused it. For more effective therapy, doctors usually use an integrated approach, combining drugs with physiotherapy. Often, urologists also use traditional medicine recipes.
To cure prostatitis and get rid of it forever, you can not do without antibiotics. The most commonly prescribed drugs are fluoroquinol-based drugs. But before starting treatment, a urethral swab is usually tested to determine the sensitivity of the bacteria. This procedure allows you to correctly select an effective antibacterial drug.
Next in a series of drugs to fight prostatitis are bioregulatory peptides.
The drugs act as prostaprotectors. They have a positive effect on the structure of the prostate gland, improving its functions and blood supply. Substances are available in the form of suppositories, which contributes to the rapid reception of the effect of therapy. These drugs are considered safe to use.
The drug therapy complex also includes anti-inflammatory drugs. They suppress foci of inflammation, reduce swelling of the prostate, relieve pain. For these purposes, NSAIDs are prescribed. Preparations for eliminating inflammation are used in the form of injections, suppositories and orally.
When there is still a prostate adenoma against the background of prostatitis, men are prescribed alpha-blockers, which are used for symptomatic therapy.
Antispasmodics and muscle relaxants come to the rescue in the fight against prostatitis. They do not eliminate the cause of the disease, but they promote better urine outflow, relieve spasms and reduce pain. Immunomodulators and vitamins will also not interfere.
Physiotherapy for prostatitis is aimed at improving the general condition of the body and prostate gland, restoring its working capacity. The technique is chosen based on the degree of manifestation of the symptoms of the disease.
- Microwave therapy. The treatment is based on the action of a high frequency electromagnetic field on a diseased organ. This stimulates the work of the prostate, prevents the appearance of new foci of inflammation.
- Prostatic massage. The procedure is done by a doctor. The course is 5-7 sessions. With the appropriate skills, the treatment can also take place at home.
- Electrical stimulation. With the help of pulsed discharges of electric current, the organ is stimulated, muscle contraction is provoked and the general condition improves.
- Ultrasound. According to patient reviews, it is considered the most effective method. The treatment is carried out with high-frequency vibrations that affect the focus of inflammation.
They resort to the help of surgeons in the treatment of prostatitis when all other methods have been tried.
The reasons for the operation can be:
- abscess of the prostate;
- inflammation of other organs of the genitourinary system;
- acute urinary retention;
- constant presence of blood in the urine.
Depending on the indications, one of the surgical methods can be chosen:
- Prostatectomy. There are cavities and endoscopic. During the operation, complete removal of the prostate gland is performed. This type of surgery is rarely used.
- Resection of the prostate. Only the inflamed areas of the organ are removed. The procedure can be laparoscopic, suprapubic, and transurethral. Recently, transurethral resection (TUR) is more often prescribed. The operation is performed using a resectoscope, which is inserted into the urethra.
- Drainage of an abscess. Necessary for purulent prostatitis. The fabrics are washed with an antiseptic solution. The method alone cannot heal a diseased organ, so it is used in conjunction with drug therapy.
An unconventional approach to the treatment of prostatitis
When prostatitis does not go away for a long time, men are ready to try grandma's recipes too. Many unconventional methods are so effective that they are widely used by doctors for complex therapies.
The most common and doctor-recommended methods that are also used to prevent the disease include:
- herbal medicine;
- massage of the prostate gland;
- the use of biologically active food additives (BAAs);
All of these methods have their good and bad sides. Each of them can be used for therapeutic purposes in the various stages of the disease.
Important!It is necessary to treat inflammation of the prostate by traditional methods under the supervision of an experienced specialist. Otherwise, the disease will become chronic or the problem may be aggravated by the appearance of complications.
If the urologist allows you to resort to herbal medicine in the treatment of a diseased prostate, you can use the following recipes:
- Infusion of parsley. Take 1 tbsp. L. fresh aromatic herbs, finely chopped. Then pour boiling water, 0, 5 cups. The remedy is insisted for 10-12 hours. Drink 1 tbsp. spoon 4 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- Tincture of garlic. 1 tablespoon. L. spices grated on a fine grater are poured with boiling water, 0, 5 liters. Subsequently, the solution must be insisted for 6-8 hours and filtered. Drink 1/4 cup before meals, 30 minutes before.
Important!Garlic is irritating to the stomach lining, so consult a specialist before use.
Freshly squeezed juices from fruits, asparagus, parsley, beets, tomatoes, cucumbers are widely recommended by doctors.
Biologically active additives (BAAs)
Dietary supplements have long been used in the treatment of prostatitis, but they are not drugs, therefore, before using them, a consultation with a urologist is required.
Eating well-chosen nutritional supplements with food helps get rid of congestion, relieve inflammation, and promote healing and recovery processes. In addition, such drugs improve digestion, are diuretics and cleanse the body.
Tibetan medicine offers its ways to cure prostatitis. The main one is acupuncture. The method consists in the fact that with the help of needles an effect is exerted on the biologically active points of the human body. A feature of such treatment is the activation of hidden reserves and their mobilization to fight the disease.
There are other alternative treatments for prostatitis.
Hydromassage of the prostate gland
This method of treating prostatitis is quite common, but not all patients agree on its use. The essence of the method: a decoction of chamomile is fed rectally by irrigation. Also, this aqueous solution must be kept in the rectum for at least 15 minutes. The plant has anti-inflammatory, relaxing and warming effects.
Hirudotherapy - the use of leeches in therapy eliminates stagnant processes in the pelvic region, helps purify the blood, improves microcirculation.
Baths for prostatitis
The water for the procedure is prepared on the basis of a decoction of hazelnut or pine needles. Take a sitz bath for at least 15 minutes. It is believed that a week of daily procedures is enough to eliminate the manifestations of prostate pathologies.
Important!All alternative medicine methods used must be agreed with the doctor. There must be a clear plan that will literally become a killer weapon against inflammation of the prostate. In addition, the doctor will be able to prevent the manifestation of side effects from such treatment.
Further treatment recommendations
Diet for prostatitis
Prostate inflammation therapy also includes compliance with certain dietary rules:
- In case of acute prostatitis and in moments of exacerbation of a chronic disease, it is necessary to completely abandon the use of alcoholic beverages. During remission, alcohol consumption should be minimized.
- You have to quit smoking completely. Nicotine narrows blood vessels, which leads to the progression of stagnant processes in the tissues of the prostate.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables that contain nutrients and trace elements.
- Eat foods containing zinc, as it has a protective effect on the prostate. Seafood, pumpkin seeds, nuts, flaxseed oil are useful.
- Eliminate fried and smoked foods from your diet. Boiled or stewed food is much healthier.
- Drink at least 2. 5 liters of water per day. Water participates in the transport of substances, normalizes blood circulation.
Limitations of inflammation of the prostate
With prostatitis, you need to introduce the following rules and restrictions into your life:
- Heavy physical activity is contraindicated. This refers to those sports where it is necessary to lift weights.
- Avoid hypothermia, dress for the weather.
- Sex life should be regular. And sexual relationships are best built with a constant partner.
- Frequent arousal without ejaculation is harmful. This is extremely bad for men's health and strength.
Everyone who has decided to permanently get rid of prostatitis and forget about it, as well as those who do not want to contract this unpleasant disease, should follow the following rules:
- Exercise every day.
- Move more. Every day it is necessary to travel at least 3-4 km at a brisk pace to improve blood circulation, activate the work of the prostate. Such walks have the effect of massaging the organ.
- In sedentary work, you have to take a five-minute break every hour and walk around the room. This will prevent blood from pooling in the prostate gland.
- You should have sex regularly. The increase in blood flow to the organ and the release of hormones during intercourse have a positive effect on the functioning of the prostate.
The best prevention of prostatitis is a healthy lifestyle. By following these tips, you can be sure that the disease will disappear forever. Change your daily routine a little and success is guaranteed!