Although the causes of the onset of the inflammatory process are different, the success of a complete recovery is guaranteed by a comprehensive treatment of prostatitis. The men's disease became significantly "younger". After all, medical statistics state that in the past few decades, more than half of men in their twenties to forties suffer from inflammation of the prostate gland.
Inflammation of the prostate proceeds in different ways: in acute and chronic form, it can be infectious and non-infectious.
Urologists distinguish these types of prostatitis. Therefore, we will reveal the features of systemic treatment of the prostate gland and its effectiveness.
Types and features of complex therapy
At present, the main methods of complex therapy for prostatitis are proposed:
- Antibacterial therapy.
- Anti-inflammatory treatment.
- The use of immunostimulating therapy.
- Physiotherapy procedures.
- Prostatic massage.
What are the characteristics of each method?
Drug. It is based on the use of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs.
For bacterial prostatitis, antibiotics are recommended. When choosing an antibacterial drug, the sensitivity of pathogenic microorganisms to a specific antibiotic is taken into account.
Recently, urologists have prescribed a group of macrolides. These are new generation drugs that have the ability to penetrate the tissues of the prostate. Their advantage is that they do not have a toxic effect, they do not kill the intestinal microflora. Antibiotics are used for ten days. Antibacterial drugs are recommended for acute and chronic prostatitis.
Anti-inflammatory treatment includes the use of drugs that inhibit the development of the inflammatory process.
The most effective means of this type are suppositories, which provide a local anesthetic result.
- Ichthyol suppositories - improve blood circulation.
- Suppositories based on propolis - they have a wide range of actions.
- Drugs that stimulate the immune system.
Echinacea extract also serves as an adjunct in the long-term treatment of chronic prostatitis.
All of these types are effective only with prolonged use.
The benefits of physiotherapy and massage
In the complex therapy of the prostate gland, physiotherapeutic procedures are also important. What is their advantage?
- It improves the movement of lymph through the lymphatic vessels. As a result, cellular particles accumulated in the tissues are rapidly absorbed with the addition of blood and lymph.
- Blood circulation increases, this contributes to the rapid penetration of drugs into the prostate.
- Metabolic processes in the prostate gland are restored.
The most effective physiotherapy procedures are used:
- the use of low-voltage direct current for medicinal purposes - galvanizing;
- the use of current pulses to restore the prostate - electrical stimulation;
- exposure to a high-frequency electromagnetic field - UHF therapy;
- magnetotherapy - the use of a constant or alternating magnetic field.
Physiotherapy is recommended for the treatment of chronic prostatitis. As a rule, such methods have no side effects and contraindications.
Urologists are convinced that the correct prostate massage significantly improves the general condition:
- It has a beneficial effect on the muscular activity of the gland.
- Restores the movement of blood through the vessels.
- Promotes the rapid penetration of drugs into the gland tissue.
Various types of massage are used to treat inflammation, but in some cases it is undesirable:
- with various diseases of the rectum;
- massage increases the threat of infection for acute bacterial prostatitis.
You should be careful with the massage - only a qualified specialist who understands the causes of the onset of the inflammatory process should perform it.
Systemic treatment of the prostate allows you to eliminate painful symptoms of the bladder and urethra, prevents serious complications of the genitourinary system and restores sexual activity.
In addition, all of these therapies reduce the chances of new flare-ups and restore the functioning of the prostate gland. For every man, this is a guarantee of good working capacity, healthy well-being.
The maximum positive result can be obtained only from the complex treatment of the disease.