The prostate plays an important role in the functioning of the male body: it normalizes the existence of sperm, dilutes sperm and participates in the regulation of hormonal levels.
Today, prostatitis in men is quite widespread, according to statistics: 30% of men aged 30-55 suffer from this pathology, which is an inflammatory phenomenon in the prostate gland.
Forms of prostatitis
Specialists distinguish several types of pathology:
- chronic bacterial - a chronic type of pathology, provoked by a bacterial infection;
- Chronic abacterial - a chronic inflammatory process created by non-infectious causes;
- Acute form of pathology - attacks of chronic pain concentrated in the genital area;
- The asymptomatic form of the pathology is difficult to determine, usually only after regular preventive examinations.
Signs of development of prostatitis
How does prostatitis manifest itself? Usually, doctors identify 6 signs that portend prostatitis. If a man has noticed at least 2 signs from this list, he should definitely see a doctor:
- A weakly drooping stream of urine with a short radius;
- Difficulty urinating
- Painful phenomena when urinating;
- Duration of urination, splashes of urine, intermittent flow;
- Partial emptying of the bladder;
- Frequent need to urinate, especially at night.
The doctor will always be able to determine the first signs of prostatitis in men, and treatment after diagnosis will be carried out in a timely manner, with a positive outcome.
Causes of pathology
Experts talk about the following reasons for the formation of the disease:
- Weakening of immunity: the protective barriers that prevent the occurrence of many viral infections are reduced;
- Infectious processes: viral elements, microbes, bacteria through the blood or lymphatic tracts enter the prostate. A sign of this phenomenon is that the temperature rises with prostatitis;
- A sedentary lifestyle - causes interruptions in the blood supply, oxygen deprivation;
- Disruptions in blood circulation due to moments of stagnation in the genital area - occur due to a promiscuous sex life, long abstinence from sexual intercourse, irregular sexual intercourse.
Inflammation in the prostate can begin due to the penetration of microbes, but for the development of the infection, a pathogenic microflora is required, which can be created due to the following factors: the presence of harmful addictions, constipation, hormonal disorders, trauma, hypothermia , etc.
How does prostatitis manifest itself? Important symptoms that indicate the onset of prostatitis are a difficult urination process, painful sensations at this time. The frequent need to empty the bladder in small portions indicates the development of the pathology. Therefore, you should definitely consult a doctor in this situation, otherwise the inflammation will turn into a chronic structure.
The initial stages of the disease can be asymptomatic. Acute forms of the disease are much easier to determine: the manifestation of the pathology is always sudden, acute. It should be borne in mind that the course of the disease is due to the individual characteristics of the organism of each person.
The following symptoms of inflammation of the prostate are distinguished:
- Painful sensations in the perineal region;
- Temperature increase;
- Bowel movements are accompanied by painful attacks;
- Potency disorders;
- frequent urination
- Increased sweating;
- General malaise;
- Feeling of fullness in the bladder;
- Irritability, sudden mood swings;
- Excretory phenomena from the urethra during bowel movements.
Usually only some of the above points are displayed.
The development of an acute form of pathology is characterized by intoxication of the body, a feverish state, and the temperature with prostatitis can even reach 40 degrees. Syndromes of the manifested pathology - violations in the area of urination. The acute type of prostatitis requires timely treatment, otherwise it can lead to negative consequences, up to surgical intervention.
A prolonged decision to undergo a medical examination can influence the change of the pathology into a chronic form, with a long period of development, which requires large financial costs for its treatment.
Attacks of pain with the development of pathology
The complicated structure of prostatitis is accompanied by painful symptoms. Pain in prostatitis in men is not characterized by a precise localization. In the absence of a treatment process, pain attacks increase, spread to other genitals. In advanced situations, an acute stage of the disease develops - adenoma.
It is known that the pain in prostatitis in men is short-term, long-lasting.
Regular painful attacks lead to an uncomfortable lifestyle, the development of neurosis in males and worsen the quality of life.
Painful sensations usually arise in the following moments:
- During urination;
- During an erection;
- During sexual intercourse;
- At the end of the relationship;
- During bowel movements;
- For prolonged abstinence or, on the contrary, for promiscuous sexual intercourse;
- After hypothermia;
- Due to severe physical stress.
The lower back begins to hurt when the pathology develops outside the prostate gland. Attacks of pain are either deaf or sharp. Due to the neglect of the pathology, painful sensations can last a long time. Therefore, it is so important to consult a urologist in a timely manner, because inflammation can go to the kidneys.
In addition, pathologies in the prostate area are characterized by blunt or sharp painful attacks in the groin area, rarely in the leg.
Elimination of painful sensations is possible using the following methods:
- Prostatic massage;
- Phytotherapeutic treatment;
- Hormonal methods of treating the pathology;
- A special diet to normalize a person's condition;
- Antibacterial ways to eliminate harmful elements;
- Use of adrenergic blockers to relieve urination.
Prostate adenoma or prostatitis?
Prostate adenoma is a benign neoplasm in the area of the prostate gland, usually this pathology is observed in men after 45-50 years. Hormonal imbalance is recognized as an important cause of the formation of pathology: over the years, the level of male hormones changes, decreases. There are also risk factors that contribute to the onset of the pathology: obesity, stress, atherosclerosis, harmful addictions.
The manifestation of the pathology is pronounced, therefore, already in the early stages of its development, it is possible to accurately establish a diagnosis.
The course of prostate adenoma in men is characterized by forward movement, developing, the tumor causes new clinical moments.
Symptoms of prostate adenoma and prostatitis in representatives of the strong half of humanity are similar: frequent difficulties in urinating, burning sensation in the prostate, pain.
The course of the disease of prostate adenoma in men depends on the stage of this pathology.
The consequences of prostate adenoma in men are serious: renal failure, cystitis, urolithiasis.
The doctor can identify the signs of prostatitis in men and his treatment will be prescribed in a timely manner. To determine prostatitis, it is necessary to consult a urologist who will conduct an examination and prescribe other important diagnostic procedures:
- Medical examination for the preparation of a general clinical picture;
- Do urine tests
- Test for the detection of sexually transmitted diseases;
- Determining the presence or absence of infections, a swab is taken from the urethra;
- ejaculate analysis;
- Genital ultrasound;
- Biopsy - if cancer is suspected.
Using the results of the above processes, the doctor draws up a treatment regimen for the disease in a particular patient.
Methods for the treatment of prostatitis
How to treat this pathology? After the diagnosis of the disease, the doctor determines the treatment regimen for the pathology, usually an integrated approach is used, consisting of the following points:
- Antibacterial therapeutic methods - a specialist prescribes a course of drugs, namely antibiotics to eliminate harmful trace elements that lead to prostatitis. They also lower the temperature;
- Physiological influences, for example by laser, ultrasonic waves, electromagnetic waves.
- Traditional methods of treatment are used: hot bath procedures with medicinal herbs;
- The massage is performed in the area of the prostate gland: it frees the ducts from stagnation, increases the blood supply to the genitals;
- Herbal medicine - the use of decoctions of useful medicinal herbs, dietary supplements helps strengthen the immune system, fights infections;
- Psychotherapeutic methods: due to prostatitis, a man develops negative psychological problems, confidence disappears, fears appear during sexual intercourse;
- Surgical methods of treatment are used in advanced and severe stages of the development of pathology, for example, prostate abscess;
- Correction of the immune system: the doctor may prescribe the intake of certain vitamins, minerals, beneficial trace elements to strengthen the patient's immunity;
- Balanced and correct nutrition for prostatitis, refusal of alcoholic beverages, smoking, fatty foods, limiting salt intake and consuming more ordinary water - at least 2 liters per day.
It is important to monitor your health. To prevent the development of prostatitis, it is necessary to avoid exposure to factors that can lead to its occurrence:
- Do not overcool;
- Follow a balanced and healthy diet;
- Exercise, sports;
- Have sex with a normal partner, protect yourself from sexually transmitted diseases;
- Undergo an annual examination by a urologist for timely diagnosis of the presence or absence of the disease.