If a person has been diagnosed with prostatitis, they should start treatment immediately. Inflammation of the prostate gland is not uncommon, according to statistics, more than 50% of men experience it throughout their lives. The prognosis of the disease depends on the timeliness with which treatment was started. If it is not eliminated in the acute stage, chronic prostatitis occurs. It is difficult to predict for sure whether it can be cured or not.
Description and symptoms
A man's body has a prostate gland, in other words, the prostate. It is responsible for the synthesis of male sex hormones. The gland is characterized by an impressive number of ducts that bacteria and viruses can enter, causing an infection. The inflammation spreads to the soft tissues, causing an increase in the size of the organ and pressure on the pelvic area. This process is called prostatitis.
The symptoms of the disease are individual and depend on the neglect of the disease and its subspecies. If the disease becomes chronic, pain and discomfort are found in the lower abdomen. The signs can appear spontaneously and sometimes last a long time. In some cases, the pain radiates to the lower back and groin. Real dysfunction and erection problems develop. Urination slows down, this process is accompanied by pain.
- manifestation of cystitis, frequent urination;
- pain in the lower abdomen, lower back and scrotum;
- sexual dysfunction;
- negative change in the quality and quantity of sperm.
To understand whether chronic prostatitis can be cured, a comprehensive examination must be performed.
Reasons for occurrence
Prostatitis can occur for several reasons. First of all, this is an infection or stagnation. All this interferes with the normal functioning of the prostate gland, which is why it increases in size and becomes inflamed. When a pathology occurs, a man experiences pain, discomfort, as with cystitis. Impotence also comes together. Infectious agents that lead to such phenomena: bacteria, viruses, fungi.
Many patients who do not heal the acute form of the disease in time are forced to think about whether chronic prostatitis can be cured. The curable forms are the ones that appeared first. But chronic diseases have a chance to be cured. The main causes that lead to the onset of chronic prostatitis also include a sedentary lifestyle and traumatic damage to the prostate gland.
You can also highlight:
- promiscuous sex life;
- relationship interrupted;
- drinking and smoking frequently;
- decrease in the body's defenses.
Is it possible to cure prostatitis or not, it becomes clear after the first course of antibiotic therapy and analysis of the culture for microflora.
The symptoms of prostatitis often make themselves felt after 35 years. Men in such a situation often endure pain and discomfort, attributing negative symptoms to injuries, poor-quality food and intestinal problems. However, they don't think about the fact that they may have chronic prostatitis. With timely referral to specialists, you can get rid of them forever. This probability is 90%. First of all, you need to visit a urologist. The chronic form of the disease will have to be treated for a long time and the patient will need the most responsible approach to business.
Trying to understand whether prostatitis can be completely cured, men often do not listen to a doctor, but their acquaintances who recommend using dubious methods for this. The disease is not always bacterial in nature.
If it was caused by a pathogenic microflora, antibiotics are used for therapeutic purposes. If stagnation provoked the disease, the corresponding drug group is used.Inflammation requires the appointment of physiotherapy, transrectal massage. The latter is performed by a specialist and appointed in courses of 10-15 sessions.
Traditional medicine can also be considered an effective supplement. There are3 key steps to overcome the disorder:
- Go to the urologist or andrologist.
- Undergo a detailed examination, which will allow you to get a picture of the patient's condition.
- Receive personalized treatment based on various types of procedures and medications, do it to the end.
No specialist can tell on the first appointment whether the prostate can be completely cured. First you need to determine the stage of the disease.
Antibacterial, hormonal drugs and means to strengthen the immune system are mainly used to eliminate inflammation of the prostate. Physiotherapy procedures have also proved effective. Provided that the treatment was started at the initial stage of the disease, it is possible to return the gland to its normal state.
Before prescribing a particular treatment option, you should understand which factor triggered the inflammation. Home remedies are allowed as an additional method of controlling the disorder and preventing relapse. Before taking antibiotics, it is imperative to conduct a sensitivity test to their active ingredients.
Various antibacterial drugs are used for prostatitis, but concomitant bacteriological culture of the gland is required. It is performed regularly to evaluate the effectiveness of the course of treatment. It is not necessary to kill the microflora if chronic prostatitis was caused by congestion in the pelvic organs. Here, too, alternative treatment methods are appropriate.
Antispasmodics are prescribed to reduce swelling and pain. Also, patients are prescribed a drug to give smoothness and elasticity to the walls of the gland. This contributes to the accelerated recovery of the organ. Pain relievers are used for acute pain. The block is very effective. In some cases, with its help, it is possible to get rid of pain for up to six months.
Rectal suppositories are a common formulation for the treatment of prostatitis. Such candles are easy to store, although quite effective. Antibiotics are prescribed not only in pill form, but also in injectable form. They have anti-inflammatory properties and destroy pathogenic flora.
The main groups of these drugs are:
Microclysters are widely used. In this case, a medicinal solution is used, which is injected directly into the rectum. It reaches the prostate and has a beneficial effect on it.
Transrectal massage and physiotherapy
For chronic lesions of the prostate, this type of massage appears to be effective. It is usually done as a preventative measure once a month. After 30 years, such manipulation is recommended for all men, as it maintains a full intimate life.
You can massage yourself, but you must have certain skills. It is better to entrust it to a specialist who works in the clinic. In stores, you can find special devices for carrying out the procedure at home, so any man can do it himself. If there is pain, do not massage.
Physiotherapeutic manipulations are an excellent addition to complex treatment. Today, diathermy is used, in which heating is carried out with a high-frequency current or using microwaves. Manipulation is aimed at eliminating spasm and inflammation. Another effective method is darsonvaluation. The procedure is based on the use of high frequency currents. Relieves tension in the tissues, eliminates damage, normalizes the functions of the nervous system. The procedure normalizes blood circulation, which is especially important for congestive prostatitis.
Ultrasound is used to heat the affected area and has an antibacterial effect, fighting germs. Electrophoresis is used to deliver drug components to a specific location.
Various baths, decoctions and herbal infusions have a beneficial effect on the prostate. After using antibiotics, this will not be superfluous, because the body needs recovery. Folk recipes are always used in conjunction with medicines.
There are a number of proven recipesavailable at home:
- Aspen bark is harvested, preferably in spring, when it reaches a thickness of up to 5 mm, dried and poured with vodka. Leave in a dark room for 2 weeks. After the specified period, the drug is filtered, drunk 3 times a day. However, you just need to take a few drops of such a product and add it to natural water (half a glass). The course lasts 2 months.
- A blend of herbs is collected, which includes chamomile, licorice root, parsley, fennel. It is enough to take 1 tbsp. L. each component and mix. One tablespoon of the finished composition is poured into 1 liter of boiling water. The product will be ready in 30 minutes. Drink 4 glasses in the morning and before bedtime.
- Finely chop the parsley root. Pour a quarter of a liter of boiled water for 4 tbsp. L. raw materials. Let stand overnight, then strain and drink 1 tbsp. L. after the meal.
- Ginseng has a beneficial effect on the function of the prostate and bladder. Eliminates pathogens, relieves inflammation. On sale you can find ready-made alcohol tinctures or make ginseng-based teas.
- Aloe juice is used to eliminate edema. It is a natural analgesic and healing agent, which also improves tissue microcirculation. Take 500 g of aloe, 500 ml of honey and the same amount of wine. The leaves are crushed, the components are mixed and placed in a glass container. Leave for 7 days in the refrigerator, then strain. The first week is taken three times a day for 1 tsp, then - 1 tbsp. L.
- Asparagus juice is used to restore potency. The total volume required during the day is 600 ml.
- Propolis has a glue-like appearance and has an antibacterial and disinfecting effect, narrows the arteries and capillaries in the area of inflammation. To prepare a healing potion, rub 10 g of propolis, mix alcohol and honey heated in a steam bath. Store in a dark room.
Diet and exercise
Making lifestyle changes is key. They concern both eating habits and sports. With inflammation of the prostate gland, you should not eat fatty and sweet foods, pickles and marinades, smoked meats, strong tea and coffee. Sweets, cakes and semi-finished products are prohibited. A healthy diet is based on the use of fermented milk products, seafood, fruits and berries, vegetables and herbs. If you want something sweet, you can add a small amount of honey to your meals and drinks.
You should give up bad habits: the use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco smoking. Staying active is essential to fighting a disease. To combat the stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs, it is recommended to run and swim. There is a special set of exercises which includes squats. Hardening strengthens the immune system, especially by wetting it with cold water. Thanks to it, blood circulation improves.
- When I got sick with prostatitis, I couldn't believe it happened to me. It all started with frequent trips to the toilet, then urination became painful. I thought he might have contracted a venereal disease.
I was treated by three doctors, but the pills they prescribed did not make things easier. By chance I found a specialist in the regional clinic, who put me on my feet. It turns out that the disease is simple, but the doctor's experience plays an important role.
If you have symptoms of prostatitis, you cannot delay your visit to the urologist. I hesitated for a long time, inventing various excuses. Acute prostatitis turned into a chronic form in me, and all because I was afraid of being tested. They are actually quite simple. The main role is played by bacterial culture, PCR for latent infections. It is also necessary to pass a bacterial culture of urine and sperm. Some doctors don't even send patients for these tests. We have to run away from that. The treatment here can be difficult and long, but you can recover forever.
For prostatitis, I was offered to be treated with high frequency currents, but somehow I didn't trust them. I insisted that normal medications be prescribed. The examination revealed that there are small pathological changes. Now, after a course of treatment, there are almost no symptoms.