Prostatitis called inflammation of the prostate. At the present time urologists are likely to believe that the prostatitis is not a single disease, and includes several diseases of male sexuality. It is one of the most common diseases of male genito-urinary food, and it is estimated that the percentage of men with prostatitis in one form or another, continues to grow.
That is the cause of the prostatitis, what are the first signs and symptoms in men as well as the prescribed as the treatment of the acute phase of the disease — we learn on.
What is prostatitis?
Prostatitis is the most common pathology in urological in men of reproductive age. According to the data of the surveys, a third of them at least once in his life had the symptoms that can be interpreted as an inflammation of the prostate.
Develops prostatitis when the rate of penetration of the infectious agent, which penetrates into the prostate tissue of the organs of the urinary system (urethra, bladder) or a fireplace inflammatory (in case of pneumonia, flu, sore throat, sores). There are a number of risk factors that increase the likelihood of development of prostatitis.
The prostate: what is it?
The prostate is an organ about the size of a walnut. The location of the prostate gland in men between the rectum and the base of the penis. For men's health, this organ so important that, sometimes, it is called the second heart of men.
Of course, and in the event of a problem with him, you can live long enough, supporting medicines, but much better, if you can maintain the health of the prostate over many years. If you are having problems on this part of the treatment is long and complex.
On the photo it is seen to be the solution endocrine iron. With age, it grows and changes shape, the maximum size of the standard is about 20 years, remaining physiologically correct and up to 45 years.
The realization of the man of 45-50 years, the prostate begins to grow, and therefore of BPH. The prostatic hyperplasia is common in medical practice, a phenomenon similar to the senile wrinkles, grey hair or a decrease in the power. Glandular tissue is responsible for the production of hormones and the juice of the prostate, muscle – for the maintenance of the lumen of the urethra in the correct diameter.
The volume of the authority generally depends on the physical of men, but the averages are the following:
|Normal size of the prostate|
|The thickness of the||
The prostate is involved in the formation of sperm. The juice of the prostate contains proteins, lipids, vitamins, enzymes. His secret considerably thins the semen, helping to improve the survival of sperm and the passage of their long journey to the interior of the reproductive tract of the woman.
The signs and symptoms of prostatitis, how and its treatment, and quite varied, linked to the presence of the disease of multiple species. First of all, the prostatitis in men is:
Acute. Often is purulent. The signs of inflammation in men, general and specific, which are expressed at the maximum, and is caused by a flora pathogen. Therefore, the treatment of men in most situations is to appoint antibiotics.
- the penetration of the infection during sexual intercourse with an infected partner;
- the presence of a catheter in the urethra;
- the operation of an intervention in the urethra;
- the stones and sand in the kidneys.
This form of the disease is relatively easy to diagnose and treat with antibiotics. At the same time, among men it is most common of the chronic non-bacterial prostatitis, which are more difficult to diagnose and has no link with a defeat of an infectious nature.
The chronic form
The chronic prostatitis and the develops gradually. First symptoms of weakness, a little worried about a man, but with time, it intensifies. Soon a slight discomfort becomes a serious problem. Therefore, when the first signs of a need to refer to a urologist, who will help you to get rid of the inflammation and lead in the long-lasting remission.
Fight against infections of the prostate. The danger of this disease is that the infection not only affects the prostate, but of the surrounding organs (bladder, rectum).
Bacterial. The main reason is the weakening of the forces of the immune of the body, this may cause:
- of the disease (AIDS, tuberculosis, diabetes etc);
- stress situations
- intense physical activity;
- the bad habits of addiction.
The causes are the bacteria of certain species. These include:
- e. coli;
- Pseudomonas wand;
- chlamydia and trichomoniasis;
- the bacterium mycoplasma.
The first signs in men
The first signs of prostatitis, to which man must necessarily be careful and consult a urologist:
- Severe pain during urination. During the process of felt the unpleasant sensation of burning.
- The increase of the temperature of the body.
- The feeling is not completely empty the bladder.
- The discomfort in the region of the perineum and the groin.
- Lack the spray when visiting the toilet.
What are the first symptoms of prostatitis. After a certain time, they can spend themselves. But this is not worth rejoicing over. The infection remains in the body. This is why it must be treated to avoid further outbreaks of pain and complications.
The first symptoms of prostatitis in men in the chronic form is almost identical to the star of the acute phase of the disease, but it is optional joins:
- a significant decrease in the pleasure of the sexual act, the so-called "oiled" the orgasm of unprecedented acuteness of sensations and full satisfaction does not come.
- Even men can notice that during the emptying of the intestine, urethra mucus.
The causes of
Prostatitis is the inflammatory changes in the prostate gland and it is necessary to understand that they are not only under the influence of bacterial microflora. The causes of the inflammation can serve of all the factors causing damage to the tissues of the prostate and the destruction of its cells.
The main causes of prostatitis in men
- Obesity and sedentary lifestyle degrade the circulation of blood in the whole body, but especially in the pelvic area. Process stagnant, and are a frequent cause of the onset of prostatitis
- The infectious diseases. It may be, as sexually transmitted diseases and infections such as tuberculosis, that affect multiple organs
- The trauma of the groin area
- Hypothermia is also a common cause of inflammation of the prostate
- A variety of intestinal diseases, which are transferred into the reproductive system (bacterial and infectious diseases)
- The inflammatory processes of adjacent tissues and organs.
Certain factors increase the risk of developing the disease:
- the young and the middle age;
- the episodes of prostatitis, have taken place in the past;
- infections of the bladder and the urethra;
- trauma to the pelvis: the more often they occur during the bike and the riding;
- dehydration (lack of fluid in the body, most often due to a variety of diseases, work in high temperature conditions);
- the use of the urinary catheter (tube, inserted through the urethra into the bladder – used in a variety of diseases, during, and after surgical interventions);
- the promiscuity of communication, unprotected sex;
- stress frequent;
- heredity: some genes may make a man more sensitive to the development of inflammation of the prostate.
The symptoms of prostatitis
All the symptoms of prostatitis can be divided into 3 major groups:
- The violation of the function of the urinary tract. On the other, this group of symptoms called "dysuric disorders". Here also it is necessary to carry symptoms suggestive of a development in the prostate gland inflammatory process.
- The violation of the sexual-specific prostatitis.
- The changes of the nervous system resulting from the basic process. Characteristic of the disease.
Regardless of the progress of the disease, you can select several main symptoms:
- the body temperature of 37 to 40 degrees;
- body aches, chills;
- a burning sensation in the area of the urethra;
- pain during urination;
- a global impairment of the body;
- sleep disturbances and psychological state, increases the risk of stress and depression;
- the change in color of urine;
- the pain in the anus;
- erectile dysfunction, rarely impotence;
- the premature ejaculation.
The pain of crises when prostatitis can be long and short. If they do not leave for a long period of time, the quality of life of men is greatly reduced. He begins to torment the neuroses.
The pain when prostatitis occurs in the following cases:
- At the time of the date of the erection.
- During the urination.
- In a moment of intimacy.
- In the process of defecation.
- After a strong hypothermia.
- Because of the tension physical
The signs of prostatitis acute in men
There are three stages of prostatitis are acute, which is characterized by a certain clinical and morphological changes:
- Acute catarrhal prostatitis. Patients complain rapid, often to the urination, pain in the sacrum and perineum.
- Acute follicular. The pain gets more intense, sometimes radiating to the anus, are amplified during defecation. The difficult urination, the urine flows in a thin jet. In some cases, there is a retention of urine. A low-grade fever or moderate hyperthermia.
- Prostatitis acute. Expressed intoxication general, hyperthermia to 38-40°c, chills. Dysuric disorders, often acute, the delay of urination. Strong, pulsating pain in the perineum. The difficulty of the act of defecation.
What are the symptoms of prostatitis occur in a man?
- They often suffer from disorders of the sexual function. First slightly decreases libido, reduced erection.
- If the inflammation affects the testicles, the man may complain of premature or painful ejaculation.
- The sexual act becomes short-term, and the recovery after it takes a lot more time.
- In the latter stages of the prostatitis can lead to impotence, that in many cases, is the main reason for recourse to a doctor.
The symptoms of a chronic form of
Perhaps, the patient has not been expressed in the acute period, and the disease, by the way, has changed to chronic form.
In this case, the symptoms are the following:
- A dull pain in the area of the anus after defecation, " says the coccyx;
- Regular or irregular, pain in the groin;
- Hiking in the toilet, do not cause particular difficulty, but to begin urination must a bit tired of the stomach. The patient is not ready to this a special attention;
- Sometimes, after urination is still a burning sensation in the area of the urethra.
The first symptoms of the chronic prostatitis may occur for a long period of time. May disappear, and then make them all feel new.
Most of the men of the inflammation of the prostate does not manifest itself explicitly. Located in a hidden state symptoms of prostatitis, only appear in certain malignant disorders:
- increased urination,
- periodic urethral,
- burning sensation and itching in the ureter,
- a decrease of the power
- the decline in the quality of the sperm, and, as a result, the inability to conceive,
- as well as pain in the pubic area, perineum and genitalia.
The possible complications of prostatitis include:
- bacteremia, a bacterial infection of the blood;
- epididymitis – inflammation of the epididymis;
- abscesses of the prostate – the education in the prostate gland cavities, filled with pus;
- violations on the part of the sperm and the sterility of the complication, the most characteristic of the chronic prostatitis;
- increased levels of blood prostate-specific antigen (PSA).
Adenoma of the prostate, which is a benign course, education, often develops this is as a result of the prostatitis. When the adenoma and surgical intervention is inevitable.
The most dreaded complication of prostatitis in men, the prostate cancer, which has the most serious consequences.
Treatment of prostatitis in men
The treatment of prostatitis is made on the basis of the form of the disease. Acute inflammation is an indication of hospitalization in the urology in the hospital, in the chronic patients under treatment in the house. If the cause of the disease served as a sexually transmitted infection, affected with antibiotics should take the two partners.
In the treatment of prostatitis is important in the immediate execution of this antibacterial treatment. The more often the doctor the doctor prescribes to a patient receiving trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, tetracycline, fluoroquinolones. In cases of prostatitis as a result of sexually transmitted diseases treatment also includes a receiving ceftriaxone, doxycycline, and al
The major groups of drugs are:
- Antibiotics. Used in the form of tablets, capsules, candles, syrups and other types.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Drugs to enhance immunity.
- Medication anti-stress.