Prostatitis is considered a serious inflammatory disease. It negatively affects erectile function and the genitourinary system. The appearance of the disease is triggered by hypothermia of the genitals, lack of sexual life or infections. No doctor will be able to tell exactly how much prostatitis is being treated. The speed of recovery depends on the method of treatment, concomitant diseases, the degree of neglect and the form of prostatitis. With an integrated approach, the inflammatory process disappears faster than with monotherapy.
Duration of treatment for prostatitis
It is impossible to calculate the exact duration of prostatitis treatment. Either way, it will be different. Treatment is aimed at eliminating the symptoms and restoring the emotional state of the man. The basis of therapy is the intake of anti-inflammatory drugs.
The duration of their application varies from 4 to 12 weeks. The treatment regimen is selected by the doctor. It focuses on the results of the research that is done to make a diagnosis.
In addition, the following drugs are prescribed:
- antiviral drugs;
- vitamin complexes.
Chronic prostatitis is more difficult to cure. Therefore, the therapy will take much longer.
If there is no positive trend after 3 months of taking antibiotics, surgery is performed. The recovery process takes another 1-2 months.
The amount of treatment of acute prostatitis depends on whether you should visit a doctor. The earlier the disease is discovered, the less effort it will take to eliminate it.
Physiotherapy and diet will help speed up and improve drug therapy.
The duration of taking antibacterial drugs is 14-20 days. This time is enough to relieve the symptoms of the disease.
The result of the treatment is:
- normalization of the urination function;
- elimination of pain and pressure in the perineum;
- restoration of erection;
- improve sperm quality;
- strengthen the immune system.
In some cases, the doctor prescribes microcliptic and prostate massage.
How to speed up the healing process?
The speed of recovery largely depends on the actions of humans outside the medical facility. With the help of folk remedies, you can increase the effectiveness of the main therapy.
To this end, the following applies:
- medical gymnastics;
- hot baths;
- folk remedies.
Compliance with the doctor's recommendations is of no small importance for the effectiveness of treatment. A man needs to give up sex for a while. It is important to avoid hypothermia and stressful situations. It is also recommended to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Respecting a certain diet will strengthen the body, accelerating the healing process. The diet should be balanced. It is advisable to stop eating fatty foods.
Promotes the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, which slow down blood circulation in the pelvis. Adding parsley, nuts, cucumbers and dill to the diet will help strengthen the work of the prostate gland.
Drinking alcoholic beverages reduces the effectiveness of antibacterial treatment and inhibits the function of the prostate.
The duration of prostatitis treatment depends on the fitness level of the man. A sedentary lifestyle alters the blood circulation process in the genitals. Therapeutic exercises contribute to its normalization, which keeps the prostate gland in a normal state.
The loads gradually increase as the body strengthens. It is recommended to perform the exercises under the supervision of a specialist.
- increase in body temperature;
- postoperative period;
- chronic diseases of internal organs in the acute stage.
The exercises are performed without jerks. The transition between them should be smooth. It is imperative to warm up before training. It will avoid injury.
It is recommended to contract and relax the muscles of the anus during each exercise. This will increase the effectiveness of therapeutic exercises.
Taking a warm bath ensures blood flow to the pelvic organs. This helps eliminate painful sensations.
To make the effect more pronounced, we recommend that you observe the following rules:
- water temperature - no more than 40⁰С;
- bath time - no more than 20 minutes;
- Before using hot baths, you should consult a urologist.
It is useful for the male body to add herbal decoctions to the bath. They help normalize the genitourinary system and have a relaxing effect.
The following recipes are the most effective:
- Pour 70 grams of lavender with 5 liters of hot water. Within 15 minutes, the remedy comes to readiness, after which it is added to the bath. The whole course of treatment includes 10 procedures.
- Pour boiling water over the pine needles and leave for 15 minutes. After filtering, the broth is added to the bath. During the procedure redness of the skin can be observed. This indicates an improvement in blood circulation.
- 5 liters of hot water will require 70 grams of dried yarrow. The remedy is infused for 10 minutes. A bath with the addition of a decoction lasts no more than 8 minutes. The duration of treatment includes 15 procedures.
Traditional therapies act as adjunct therapy. Without the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, they will not have the desired effect on the disease.
The most effective folk remedies include:
- 2 mummy tablets must be diluted with running water until completely dissolved. The resulting product is taken 3 times a day before meals.
- 500 grams of pumpkin seeds must be thoroughly chopped with a blender and then mixed with 200 ml of bee honey. Small balls roll from the resulting mass. It is recommended to keep them in the refrigerator. The medicine is taken 1 piece before meals.
- Birch tar must be heated and combined with 3 tbsp. L. propolis tinctures. Using a pipette, medicated ointment is injected into the rectal opening every day before going to bed. The amount of prostatitis in men is treated in this way depends on its severity. On average, this takes 1-2 months.
- Pour 300 ml of hot water into a mixture of juniper herbs, winter greenery, celandine, bearberry and plantain. After that, the infusion is brought to readiness in a water bath for 15 minutes.
- In the acute form of prostatitis, you need to eat a pinch of crushed wormwood, washed down with warm water. The interval between doses is 2 hours.
- Dried and chopped poplar bark in a volume of 100 grams should be poured with 1 liter of hot water. For 15 minutes, the remedy is cooked over low heat. You need to take it cooled half an hour before meals 1 time a day.
- Kalanchoe leaves are carefully chopped using a blender. A glass of the mixture will require 100 ml of vodka or pure alcohol. The agent is ready within 5 days. You need to take the tincture for 1 tsp. per day.
What happens if the inflammation is not treated?
Some men, having learned how long it takes to cure prostatitis, let the problem take its course. If neglected, prostatitis transforms from an acute to a chronic form. The duration of the treatment period in this case increases. It can take several months.
With the long-term course of non-infectious prostatitis, the following complications appear:
- urinary disorder;
- ejaculation problems, lack of sexual desire;
- decrease in sperm quality;
- nervous disorders;
- prostatic sclerosis.
The infectious form of prostatitis is a dangerous spread of the infection to other organs of the small pelvis. As a result, the function of the genitourinary system is disturbed, the erection disappears completely. Increases the risk of developing cystitis, abscess, blistering or infertility.
The most dangerous complication is an abscess. It leads to kidney infections and urinary stasis.
With a prolonged course of prostatitis, scars are formed in the prostate gland, which are removed only with the help of surgical intervention.
If prostatitis is accompanied by adenoma or cancer, the likelihood of a favorable outcome is reduced. To eliminate the disease, surgery is required.
The duration of prostatitis treatment depends on a combination of various factors. On average, this process takes 1-3 months. In the presence of concomitant diseases, the period increases significantly. Early diagnosis of the disease is the surest way to speed up recovery and prevent the development of complications.