The prostate, or as it is otherwise called prostate, is a rather vulnerable male organ that is exposed to various urological diseases, in particular prostatitis. And, despite the prevalence of the disease, the treatment of chronic prostatitis is a rather difficult task.
Varieties of prostatitis and reasons for its development
Prostatitis is a disease of the prostate gland, accompanied by an inflammatory process of its tissues. Prostatitis is classified according to the following data:
- acute bacterial prostatitis caused by infectious agents;
- chronic (infectious) bacterial prostatitis;
- chronic bacterial prostatitis (non-infectious);
- asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis.
Chronic bacterial prostatitis: the nature of this species is not fully understood, despite many studies. This type occurs in the male body due to prostate gland infection, which is possible for a number of reasons:
- severe hypothermia;
- problems emptying the bladder;
- unstable sex life (irregularity or lack thereof);
- concomitant chronic diseases of the genitourinary system;
- lead an unhealthy lifestyle;
- lack of mobility.
Very often the disease proceeds without obvious symptoms, making itself felt only during periods of exacerbation, which are accompanied by such signs as:
- feeling of discomfort and incomplete emptying when urinating;
- decreased sexual activity;
- pain in the lower abdomen.
In addition, chronic prostatitis can provoke various diseases of the bladder, moving to the stage of acute manifestation of the disease, and therefore treatment of exacerbation of chronic prostatitis is already provided.
Chronic bacterial prostatitis - the incidence is 92-95% of all types of prostatitis, according to these data the prevalence can be judged. This disease has no age limit, so it affects men of any age, but the peak falls on average at thirty. The disease is diagnosed based on the following symptoms:
- presence of painful discomfort (more than 3 months) in the pelvic organs;
- no signs of an infectious environment;
- increased dysfunction of sexual activity and urination process.
It is also possible to distinguish chronic calcareous prostatitis in urology, which in turn is a consequence of chronic prostatitis and is of more concern for older men.
Can chronic prostatitis be cured?
Every patient is tormented by the question of the effectiveness of the treatment of chronic prostatitis, because this disease not only brings a lot of inconveniences of a special specific nature, but also brings some psychological trauma for a man.
Considering the various directions in the application of methods, we note that this appointment is made by a specialist on the basis of diagnostic measures. The urologist individually draws up a comprehensive prostatitis treatment program, which includes a whole range of therapeutic procedures. Thus, a comprehensive conservative approach includes:
- drug treatment of chronic prostatitis;
- manual therapy.
As noted, a specialist selects an individual program that undergoes adjustments from the general scheme, and each individual patient is a separate course of treatment for chronic prostatitis, calculated by his attending physician.
Effective treatment of chronic prostatitis mainly involves the following additional research:
- consultation of a neuropsychiatrist, endocrinologist, cardiologist;
- perform magnetic or computerized resonance imaging of the brain, in order to examine the functions of its performance and its structure;
- research of hormonal status;
- Ultrasound of the genitourinary system.
How to treat chronic prostatitis if the patient does not see any symptoms? This case means that the patient is in remission or the disease is asymptomatic, the latter case, of course, involves the immediate visit of a specialist who will perform all the necessary procedures. The terms of treatment for chronic prostatitis usually range from 2 weeks or more, depending on the condition of the prostate and the degree of the disease.
For example, drugs for the treatment of chronic prostatitis require constant administration in men, which combine the disease with a decrease in arterial blood flow in the penis. And to increase this blood flow and cause an erection, a constant intake of vasodilator drugs is required.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis at home
In case of exacerbation of chronic prostatitis, all the recommendations described below are followed. This is bed rest for several days, the exclusion of physical activity, the refusal of alcohol. After removing the exacerbation of chronic prostatitis, it is necessary to decide on your regime of work and rest for many years.
To prevent recurrent flare-ups, the following basic guidelines should always be followed:
- Avoid hypothermia: first of all, exclude sitting on cold ground, concrete curbs, stones, even in hot weather. Clothes should be loose fitting, light enough, but appropriate for the season. A great way to get rid of the exacerbations of chronic prostatitis is to harden the body. You can use hardening with water, air baths, staying daily in the open air for at least 1-2 hours.
- It is very important to empty your bladder regularly, to avoid overflows and prolonged urinary retention ("do not tolerate", go to the toilet every 3-4 hours).
- If you are in a sedentary job, you need to take a 3-5 minute break every hour or two and walk, warm up. If this is not possible, then it is necessary to carry out retraction of the anus at least 40-50 times in one approach, repeating such exercises 4-6 times a day.
- Regular moderate physical activity is one of the most important factors in the prevention of exacerbations of chronic prostatitis, eliminating congestion of the prostate and pelvic organs. The minimum of such activity is constituted by the daily morning exercises, walking at a moderate or fast pace for 30-40 minutes continuously (i. e. without stopping, going to the store, etc. ). In addition, a weekly trip to nature is required with doable work in the countryside, picking berries, mushrooms or long walks on weekends for 2-3 hours, visiting the pool or, in extreme cases, practicing at home on home simulators (treadmills, rower, stepper).
- If possible, exclude trauma to the perineum (refusal of regular professional cycling, equestrian sports, motocross).
- Regular sexual activity is the most important factor in eliminating prostate congestion. Furthermore, moderation is important here, the correspondence of sexual relations to a man's sexual constitution. It is important to avoid prolonged and interrupted sexual intercourse, to have a permanent sexual partner.
- Fight constipation.
- Complete refusal to drink alcohol during an exacerbation of prostatitis and the maximum reduction in the amount of alcohol consumed during remission. This requires a complete rejection of cheap beer and wines.
- If possible, exclude work associated with constant nervous tension, frequent stressful situations or even if you learn to resist stress through self-training, meditation.
- Preventive visit to a urologist twice a year for clinical examination, TRUS, laboratory tests of urine and prostatic secretions and after 40 years - and PSA. The implementation of these simple measures will prevent possible exacerbations of chronic prostatitis, help strengthen the body, its defenses.
How to cure chronic prostatitis with drugs?
The root causes of prostatitis are, first of all, various sexually transmitted infections and viruses, which in turn affect the urethra, being detected in the tissues of the prostate. It should be noted that when chronic bacterial prostatitis is diagnosed, the treatment consists of several stages.
Treatment of bacterial prostatitis is one of the most difficult tasks in modern urology. Despite the results of the diagnosis and the timely detection of the disease, complete cure can be achieved only in 30% of cases. Modern bacterial prostatitis therapy consists of several stages and can clearly answer the question: “Is chronic prostatitis treated and how exactly? ” Success also largely depends on coordination of the patient-doctor chain. So, the main stages of treatment:
- pain relief - the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- reduce anxiety - take antidepressants;
- restoration of the urination process;
- local treatment - cleansing;
- physiotherapy treatment;
- targeted therapy - it is recommended to take medications prescribed by a doctor for chronic bacterial prostatitis, as well as antibiotics;
- surgical treatment of chronic prostatitis: the use of this method is necessary in cases of narrowing of the urethra and prostatic abscesses.
It should be noted that nowadays the treatment of chronic prostatitis with antibiotics is quite justified, but only after completing the entire course, which takes about 2 weeks on average. After graduation, which, the doctor evaluates the results and more often there is a positive trend. Antibiotics for chronic prostatitis are used because this disease is infectious, caused mainly by pathogenic bacteria, which without fail requires antibiotic therapy. The key point is the correct choice of the drug according to a scheme of use clearly selected by the attending physician.
It should be especially noted that when taking medications for chronic prostatitis, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the timing of the prescribed treatment regimen, as well as the frequency of dosage.
It is worth remembering that there is no absolute cure for the treatment of chronic prostatitis, and maximum cure is possible only with a thorough diagnosis and compliance with all the prescriptions of a specialist. Self-medication is especially harmful for this disease, due to its specificity and severity.